OPI Malaga Wine

OPI Malaga Wine

4.8

on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am an artist and looking at my fingers this looks almost exactly like Quinacridone Magenta (oil paint) in the tube. A very deep rich magenta red. I don't think it's a color that photographs well but it dries exactly the color in the bottle. This is a color that feels like "boss bitch" in a don't mess-with-me kind of way. Dominatrix Red.

I found this polish really easy to work with. I was able to manipulate the polish on the nail for more strokes than usual. And for me I had almost perfect coverage in a single coat. It's a classic creme formula it wasn't super shiny on it's own so I put a top coat on and it's immaculate.

on 10/9/2017 7:37:00 PM

Fabulous color for fall. A really deep wine-red almost burgundy. I read on here a while ago that Princess Di wore this polish.. so of course I had to try it, & im obsessed with this color. My daughter said it looks like I painted my nails with blood haha. Opi polish has the best formula, hands down.

on 10/8/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A go to burgundy color for the autumn months. Great creme formula. Perfect 2 coat application. Love OPI brush. I can get about 5 days chip free. Great for manicure and pedicures. Very flattering shade for very fair complexions.

on 1/29/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A nice, very deep shade of wine red. Nice cream finish, very flattering on many skin tones. One lippie off as it doesn't wear that well on the edges compared to other shades, and will stain your skin very easily. Was easy to remove from my acrylics.

on 10/6/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this and Russian Navy in a sale bin at my local drugstore. I figured what did I have to lose for $3.99. Well, on my fair complexion this is the most lovely deep warm red. No shimmer, very creamy, no cool tones and no chipping. I have passed on this one for many years assuming the color would be boring but to my surprise this is very elegant and perfect for autumn and the deep burgundy lip color trend. If your cool toned don't hesitate to try this.

on 5/6/2015 8:51:00 AM

This is such a beautiful colour: cream deep red with a hint of berry. I love all shades of red, so I am a big fan.

I marked it down slightly because I found the formula I little more difficult to work with than most of other OPIs I own. Difficult to get around the edges, so ended up quite messy around cuticles.

on 5/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Can't believe I've never stumbled across this gem before. Dark blue-red wine colored and perfect non-streaky and even application. Looks even better on than in the bottle, one of the best reds I've ever seen. Really fantastic in all regards. Trust the raves here and look for this one - it's so perfect.

I found this little gem when looking for a dupe of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu nail polish, because I needed a cheaper alternative. With OPI's extensive colour range, I knew I would find something. This is it! With two coats, this polish produces a deep blue-toned red that is creamy with a slight jelly-like sheen. Many people have told me that they actually prefer this colour than the Guerlain one that I was looking for. The colour is more rich and is more berry-like than brown-toned. On my pale skin, it is stunning to say the least. I think I will be wearing this quite frequently this fall and winter.

This is the perfect red to transition into fall. As others have said, it's a blood red, and in sunlight it looks cherry. Opacity can be achieved with one good coat, if you like. For my pedi, I did a single coat since I didn't want it TOO dark, then I used Sally Hansen Super Shine topcoat....I am at ten days without a chip. And as usual with OPI, application is a breeze.

on 7/30/2014 10:40:00 PM

This polish is a true blood red. Indoors it's definitely darker and more sultry. Outdoors, it takes on a maraschino cherry hue. Malaga Wine is classic and it should feel right anytime. The texture is very jelly-like but adds to the shine and overall mood.

Popular Polishes