OPI Malaga Wine

OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 8/30/2001 9:52:00 PM

Gorgeous burgundy wine with no shimmer-very sophisticated, looks beautiful for manicures/pedicures. I always feel very polished when I wear this color.

on 12/29/2002 5:19:00 AM

Truly it looks like the color of a strong red wine. Beautiful color, high quality, no shimmer. Very sophisticated shade.

on 1/24/2003 1:35:00 PM

Malaga Wine is, thus far, my favorite red. OPI doesn't classify it as such but it's this saturated, intense, very elegant wine red. I'm pale, high-coloured yet neutral and can wear warm and cool colors. For some reason reds have always been difficult for me. I think it's due to their intensity. This is a red I wear year round on my toes (except for those occasional jaunts when i wear white with holographic glitter) and wear it on my fingers for special occasions. I know it's all opinions but this knocks the socks off all of the more popular reds that OPI offers and I'd like to see other OPI red wearers try it out. 8^)

This is a fairly straightforward red nail polish. It is nice, but nothing particularly special. I wore it on my toes this summer, but for my nails I prefer a shimmer for just a red color. I found Matador by Chanel provides that for me. Does last a looooooooooonnnnnnnnng time on the toes!

on 4/8/2003 6:35:00 PM

If you love wine reds do check this colour out. If you're scared of deep, wine reds go ahead and check this out. This has to be the most lovely, sophisticated wine colour I've yet tried and it's a staple for my tootsies year round.
No shimmer, no pinkishy, not ruddy, definitely not shallow.
I'm a slightly-pink-of-neutral PPP with translucent, rosy cheeks, greyish-greenish eyes, mauvy-rose lips and natural light-medium brown hair which is currently a bottle blonde. I don't tan really at all. I burn and peal and if by chance i do retain some colour it's either yellow (upper body) or dirty looking (feet). continued >>

on 8/13/2003 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Perfect color!! Looks great year round, esp. on toes!!

on 10/4/2003 10:47:00 PM

THIS IS MY HG RED, I adore it!!! Contrary to the name this is not a purple/wine shade. I have yet to find a red that even comes close to this one! It is a blood red. It is definately more of a blue based red, I hate orange toned reds, I think they look cheap. Tip: I like to put a couple coats of this with a coat of red glitter over (I use Wizard of Ooh Ahz by china glaze, thats the brand, I forget the name of the color)And then a coat of Poshe topcoat to make it look all glassy. The end result is the color of Dorothy's ruby slippers!

on 10/4/2003 10:48:00 PM

THIS IS MY HG RED, I adore it!!! Contrary to the name this is not a purple/wine shade. I have yet to find a red that even comes close to this one! It is a blood red with no shimmer. It is definately more of a blue based red, I hate orange toned reds, I think they look cheap. Tip: I like to put a couple coats of this with a coat of red glitter over (I use Wizard of Ooh Ahz by china glaze, thats the brand, I forget the name of the color)And then a coat of Poshe topcoat to make it look all glassy. The end result is the color of Dorothy's ruby slippers!

on 11/3/2003 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As all other OPI colors I've tried, it's beautiful. A blue-toned glossy deep red, not so much wine red; definitely not "purple-y." On my fair hands, reminds me of Disney's Snow White's lip color.

I've noticed the glossier OPI colors wear out a little faster right on the nailtips. Not a biggy, but I kindo of reinforce the tips on the 2nd coat.

You just can't find better colors than OPI. continued >>

on 6/1/2004 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just tried this one and love it. I asked my husband to select a shade from the OPI range, and this was it. He describes it as Marilyn Monroe sexy!

It is a deep, rich burgundy, a real winter colour, and looks sexy yet sophisticated.

Popular Polishes