4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I am not impressed by Malaga Wine. The only positives I can say about it is that it's relatively inexpensive and easily found (not a rare, discontinued color) and that it would compliment most skin tones (it's neutral). However it's boring. There's no 'wow' factor to it. The fact that Princess Di wore it shows you how conservative it is. I wouldn't even describe it as wine. It's a dark oxblood red that has a hint of brown in it. The photos here on Makeup Alley fool you because it shows the polish in strong sunlight and it indeed becomes much redder and brighter in the sun, but not in regular indoor lighting. I'd give this polish 3-1/2 lipsticks if I could, but since I'm not able to do that I'm giving it 4, if only because it's not exactly an ugly color, just bland. I much prefer OPI's Kennebunk-Port, which is a lighter, brighter version of Malanga Wine. Kennebunk-Port is discontinued and therefore more costly, but it's worth it.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 months ago

I was looking for an OPI shade that would match my husband's burgundy tie, and the burgundy dahlias in my bouquet on our wedding day. I didn't want to go with the traditional bridal nails, I wanted to find the perfect shade of burgundy, and, in my opinion, Malaga Wine was it! My nails looked great in the wedding photographs. I'm really glad I went with Malaga Wine, it's truly a beautiful shade and now that I've discovered it, I will be wearing it more often.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

The Malaga Wine appears as a deep, wine red on my nails that flaunts itself on my fingers. The brush makes it easy to apply, and the consistency is sufficiently thick to go on evenly, and watery enough that it is easy to apply. The intensity of its colour is breathtaking, and its effect is elegant and mysterious. This is my to-go colour when I feel like being dark and bold.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Fantastic berry red, such a flattering colour! Glossy and opaque after applying two coats. No streaking.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

Applies like a dream, chips like a nightmare! Maybe it’s just my bottle but every single combination of base coat, top coat, thinness or thickness of application, waiting for coats to dry in between, etc. has resulted in major chipping in less than 24 hours. Beautiful color but the frustration is just not worth a repurchase.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I am an artist and looking at my fingers this looks almost exactly like Quinacridone Magenta (oil paint) in the tube. A very deep rich magenta red. I don't think it's a color that photographs well but it dries exactly the color in the bottle. This is a color that feels like "boss bitch" in a don't mess-with-me kind of way. Dominatrix Red. I found this polish really easy to work with. I was able to manipulate the polish on the nail for more strokes than usual. And for me I had almost perfect coverage in a single coat. It's a classic creme formula it wasn't super shiny on it's own so I put a top coat on and it's immaculate.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

2 years ago

Fabulous color for fall. A really deep wine-red almost burgundy. I read on here a while ago that Princess Di wore this polish.. so of course I had to try it, & im obsessed with this color. My daughter said it looks like I painted my nails with blood haha. Opi polish has the best formula, hands down.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

A go to burgundy color for the autumn months. Great creme formula. Perfect 2 coat application. Love OPI brush. I can get about 5 days chip free. Great for manicure and pedicures. Very flattering shade for very fair complexions.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is a nice burgundy shade, perfect for fall. The lacquer finish looks so polished and classy. The shiny lacquer reflects so much light just like mirror!!! Its gorgeous.I would def wear this for Halloween parties! I'm glad i tried it.. this shade seemed soo popular.. but i felt it was too dark and vampish for my liking. I was looking for sthg more maroon/deep red. Good thing-OPI lasts and lasts, no chipping for 2 weeks. Recommend Yes, Fall is here

About reviewer (284 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

love this colour, good for every occasion, good polish lasts pretty well, iv bought this multiple times now

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium