OPI Malaga Wine

OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am an artist and looking at my fingers this looks almost exactly like Quinacridone Magenta (oil paint) in the tube. A very deep rich magenta red. I don't think it's a color that photographs well but it dries exactly the color in the bottle. This is a color that feels like "boss bitch" in a don't mess-with-me kind of way. Dominatrix Red.

I found this polish really easy to work with. I was able to manipulate the polish on the nail for more strokes than usual. And for me I had almost perfect coverage in a single coat. It's a classic creme formula it wasn't super shiny on it's own so I put a top coat on and it's immaculate.

on 10/9/2017 7:37:00 PM

Fabulous color for fall. A really deep wine-red almost burgundy. I read on here a while ago that Princess Di wore this polish.. so of course I had to try it, & im obsessed with this color. My daughter said it looks like I painted my nails with blood haha. Opi polish has the best formula, hands down.

on 10/8/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A go to burgundy color for the autumn months. Great creme formula. Perfect 2 coat application. Love OPI brush. I can get about 5 days chip free. Great for manicure and pedicures. Very flattering shade for very fair complexions.

on 9/28/2017 3:48:00 AM

This is a nice burgundy shade, perfect for fall. The lacquer finish looks so polished and classy. The shiny lacquer reflects so much light just like mirror!!! Its gorgeous.I would def wear this for Halloween parties!

I'm glad i tried it.. this shade seemed soo popular.. but i felt it was too dark and vampish for my liking. I was looking for sthg more maroon/deep red.

Good thing-OPI lasts and lasts, no chipping for 2 weeks.

Recommend
Yes, Fall is here

on 3/13/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this color. I'm still really a beginner at doing my own nails and this one settles really well. Two coats and it looks great. Such a pretty jewel red. So glad I got this!

on 3/15/2017 8:18:00 PM

love this colour, good for every occasion, good polish lasts pretty well, iv bought this multiple times now

on 10/6/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this and Russian Navy in a sale bin at my local drugstore. I figured what did I have to lose for $3.99. Well, on my fair complexion this is the most lovely deep warm red. No shimmer, very creamy, no cool tones and no chipping. I have passed on this one for many years assuming the color would be boring but to my surprise this is very elegant and perfect for autumn and the deep burgundy lip color trend. If your cool toned don't hesitate to try this.

on 1/29/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A nice, very deep shade of wine red. Nice cream finish, very flattering on many skin tones. One lippie off as it doesn't wear that well on the edges compared to other shades, and will stain your skin very easily. Was easy to remove from my acrylics.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color as a bright year round red. The color is shiny and shimmery. It is gorgeous. The brush that OPI makes is excellent for using if you are an amateur (like myself) even though I have experience. I still consider myself an amateur because I'm not that great. Will always repurchase this.

on 3/31/2016 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Classic red creme, but on the cool side. Note: If you want something warm, maybe a touch dusty or subdued, but still have all the depth and allure of Malaga Wine, I included my alternative suggestions further down, too.

Full Size Image

Update Jan 2017: It's not as severe as I originally thought, so maybe I'm too critical of this popular shade.

I bet this color looks great on olive skin, so keep in mind this shade is very cool. Oh, and it changes color soooo much. In sun, cute cherry red. Indoors, it varies, and can go all the way to a dark wine/maroon color.

Application was great. Creamy, perfect. But removal was a nightmare. I have never had such a messy, staining episode. Nails, cuticles, tons of remover and cotton. Not worth it, but tried wearing this color twice, just to be sure.

So, if you are warm like me.... Lost on Lombard is my perfect flattering dark red, and First Date at the Golden Gate is another great red color on warm skin. The first time I tried Malaga, I wore it for a few hours, trying to like it (I mean, look at all the great reviews!) but later on took it off and put on Lombard. I literally felt relieved to see the appropriate warm brick red, and how it complements my skintone so nicely. I like First Date a lot, too. So much I bought backups of both, and wear them year round. They are both brown based and earthy, not screaming red. Very appropriate and classy, too.

**** A new one I just added: We the Female (see picture above), from the Washington collection. What a great color! I would call it a marsala (a difficult color to describe: but think... a dusty red/wine/dark berry/brownish color) then this is your color. It does not stain, and it does not change color radically the way Malaga Wine does. It's a very flattering wine color, even on warm skin tones. I reviewed it, too if you want to read that.

Popular Polishes