OPI Malaga Wine

OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color as a bright year round red. The color is shiny and shimmery. It is gorgeous. The brush that OPI makes is excellent for using if you are an amateur (like myself) even though I have experience. I still consider myself an amateur because I'm not that great. Will always repurchase this.

on 3/31/2016 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Note: If you have warm skin, I say don't waste your money on this shade. I included my alternative suggestions further down, too.

Red, but vampire red on me. Way too harsh looking on my warm skin. It drained all the color from my complexion... I bet this color looks great on olive skin, though. So keep in mind this shade is very cool. Oh, and it changes color soooo much. In sun, cute cherry red. Indoors, it varies, and can go all the way to a dark wine/maroon color.

Application was great. Creamy, perfect. But removal was a nightmare. I have never had such a messy, staining episode. Nails, cuticles, tons of remover and cotton. Not worth it, but tried wearing this color twice, just to be sure.

So, if you are warm like me.... Lost on Lombard is my perfect flattering dark red, and First Date at the Golden Gate is another great red color on warm skin. The first time I tried Malaga, I wore it for a few hours, trying to like it (I mean, look at all the great reviews!) but later on took it off and put on Lombard. I literally felt relieved to see the appropriate warm brick red, and how it complements my skintone so nicely. I like First Date a lot, too. So much I bought backups of both, and wear them year round. They are both brown based and earthy, not screaming red. Very appropriate and classy, too.

To Read all 161 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/13/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Such an intense shade of dark blood red, I absolutely love it. It quickly makes your fingers stand out and I love wearing my pearl ring to make a contrast with the colour of the nail polish. Elegant and sophisticated but also very wearable, OPI has nailes the perfect winter shade in a perfect formula.

One of my absolute favorite shades from OPI. It's a beautiful red color that's not too red and is quite complementary to many skin tones. I'm constantly asked what color this is when I wear it. Definitely a color anyone can wear.

This is my favorite OPI red. It's a gorgeous hue and looks great on all skin tones. It compliments everyone so well. Nothing but good things to say. It goes on beautifully and stays put for a while.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Elegant and sensual and just lovely for fall and winter.

on 9/3/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guess there is really nothing new to say about this polish other than to say it is perfect! (IMO) I started using this color several years ago when I was wearing acrylics, and naturally, it looked amazing on 10 perfectly squared, longish nails. Then I decided to lose the acrylic habit and go with my natural nails. Needless to say, they never make it to the length of my acrylics, and sometimes they are uneven if one breaks...BUT this color still looks absolutely wonderful! It covers well, wears well, and is a nice darkish red, without looking like Vampira! I have used this color year around, and I can't begin to count the number of bottles I have used up. My HG red, for sure. I only buy OPI polish now. I have used Essie, Butter, China Glaze, Chanel, CD, etc., etc. I've never found a better polish, at any price!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this nail polish so much! I have a lot of reds but this is very unique and nothing like I own! The formula goes on super smooth and evenly with two coats and the lasting power is surprisingly good considering it's dark. It looks great as both a manicure and pedicure and I would wear this all year around. OPI is a bit expensive for some but you get why you pay for...it's worth the money for such a great quality! I will definitely repurchase if and when I run out!

on 5/6/2015 8:51:00 AM

This is such a beautiful colour: cream deep red with a hint of berry. I love all shades of red, so I am a big fan.

I marked it down slightly because I found the formula I little more difficult to work with than most of other OPIs I own. Difficult to get around the edges, so ended up quite messy around cuticles.

on 5/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Can't believe I've never stumbled across this gem before. Dark blue-red wine colored and perfect non-streaky and even application. Looks even better on than in the bottle, one of the best reds I've ever seen. Really fantastic in all regards. Trust the raves here and look for this one - it's so perfect.

Popular Polishes