OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
OPI Malaga Wine

4.6

on 5/6/2015 8:51:00 AM

This is such a beautiful colour: cream deep red with a hint of berry. I love all shades of red, so I am a big fan.

I marked it down slightly because I found the formula I little more difficult to work with than most of other OPIs I own. Difficult to get around the edges, so ended up quite messy around cuticles.

on 7/30/2014 10:40:00 PM

This polish is a true blood red. Indoors it's definitely darker and more sultry. Outdoors, it takes on a maraschino cherry hue. Malaga Wine is classic and it should feel right anytime. The texture is very jelly-like but adds to the shine and overall mood.

on 12/25/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Everyone compliments me on my nails when I wear Malaga wine. I literally mean everyone. Cashiers, friends coworkers my (male) doctor the list goes on and on. This amount of compliments from people I don't even know goes to show what a unique and flattering wine shade this is. Perfect for fall and winter. If I want to get noticed this is the nail polish to wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This applies a little streaky, and definitely needs two coats. While the colour is nice, I find I use it really rarely, so would not buy again.

I have a very pale complexion but this is the best crimson red out there hands down. It really makes a statement and does not make me look garish. It gives that classic white-as-snow, red-as-blood look that just pops. It might be too overpowering for my hands but for my toes it works perfectly.

on 9/19/2011 11:05:00 AM

My mom has been on a hunt for the best red shade. We are both very fair-skinned, but I have dark Italian hair and she is blonde. On a shopping trip, I suggested this shade based on the rave reviews I read all the time. It was too deep on her fair skin, but luckily I inherited the bottle.
I LOVE it. I love that it looks different colors in different lighting. It varies between a deep autumn brown to a medium rich red in full sun. I only wear my manicures for a week at a time as I hate any sign of deterioration, but I know this shade does not chip within a week. The formula is a delight. I use Butter London Nail Foundation underneath and Essie Good to Go topcoat (I hate the OPIs for base and top). This is the only color that my husband compliments, telling me I have "really pretty nails" (he normally doesn't care). I am finishing grad school and starting the interview process for post-graduate work. I wouldn't wear it to an interview, but I find this shade both work and play appropriate. Though I normally switch shades weekly, I've had this one on for 4-5 weeks. Beautiful, sophisticated, and playful all at once.

on 7/13/2010 10:52:00 AM

The perfect red nail polish, hard to describe, just beautiful! After reading the positive reviews I decided to challenge my prejudices and buy Malaga Wine and I'm so glad I did because it's the perfect red color, so so gorgeous!! It's classic and elegant and at the same time youthful. It's perfect for all ages, very beautiful on pale cool-toned skin, so easy to wear on both hands and toes, whether you have long or short nails. I love to wear this to give basic outfits with neutral colors a pop of color. Easy to apply with beautiful results, one layer is working for me. On the negative side, in some darker or fake lightnings the colour turns very dark and weird, kind of brownish, it's so annoying - one lippie off. I will buy it again and recommend it to everyone who is looking for the perfect red nail polish!

Great, great deep red. Very fair with neutral-ish undertones (neither really pink nor yellow), this works very well without looking overly goth or seductive. Good application, excellent color.

on 2/17/2007 10:14:00 PM

Love this! I don't think it's a wine or burgundy tone; to me this is a beautiful, deep red. It must be cool-toned or it wouldn't look good on me. Application was a dream, better than Sally Hansen or Revlon. Maybe I'll be an OPI convert?

on 11/25/2006 1:12:00 PM

Color & finish: Medium deep blue-based red, very slightly berry-toned

Coverage: Opaque

The perfect classic red! Every girl should have a red like this. It really goes with everything. Never over the top bright, never boring or dull. Just perfect, sexy red. (I wish I had a matching lipstick...)

Pic here continued >>