OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by age: 25-29
OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Applies like a dream, chips like a nightmare! Maybe it’s just my bottle but every single combination of base coat, top coat, thinness or thickness of application, waiting for coats to dry in between, etc. has resulted in major chipping in less than 24 hours. Beautiful color but the frustration is just not worth a repurchase.

This is my favorite OPI red. It's a gorgeous hue and looks great on all skin tones. It compliments everyone so well. Nothing but good things to say. It goes on beautifully and stays put for a while.

on 5/6/2015 8:51:00 AM

This is such a beautiful colour: cream deep red with a hint of berry. I love all shades of red, so I am a big fan.

I marked it down slightly because I found the formula I little more difficult to work with than most of other OPIs I own. Difficult to get around the edges, so ended up quite messy around cuticles.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this polish. It is so smooth, classy and regal on the nails. Absolutely fell in love with this polish. Another success from OPI it is a true wine colour red which i think looks great on all skin tones. It is opaque in 1-2 coats depending on a thick or thin application. Another bonus is that it doesn't stain your nails which most dark colours tend to do. This is a perfect polish to add to your nail arsenal!

on 1/10/2015 4:35:00 PM

Love, love, love this nailpolish. Best deep red nailpolish ever. My favorite!

on 7/30/2014 10:40:00 PM

This polish is a true blood red. Indoors it's definitely darker and more sultry. Outdoors, it takes on a maraschino cherry hue. Malaga Wine is classic and it should feel right anytime. The texture is very jelly-like but adds to the shine and overall mood.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this color . I got compliment wearing this polish.

on 12/25/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Everyone compliments me on my nails when I wear Malaga wine. I literally mean everyone. Cashiers, friends coworkers my (male) doctor the list goes on and on. This amount of compliments from people I don't even know goes to show what a unique and flattering wine shade this is. Perfect for fall and winter. If I want to get noticed this is the nail polish to wear.

on 11/5/2013 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Malaga Wine is a versatile, fairly unique shade of red. It's a neutral toned red, so it's not orange-y or too purplish. Depending on the light, it's a cherry red (in sunlight) or a crimson/wine shade (indoors/dim light)- it falls somewhere in between under indoor light. This quality alone makes this one of my favorite shades of red, since it's flattering for all seasons. I also love that it's a cream, easy to apply color that doesn't streak; I apply two coats over a base coat and finish with a top coat. I tend to mostly wear it fall/winter, and usually opt for brighter colors in the summer. I have NC 35 skin tone, and Malaga Wine looks great on me. Since it doesn't lean on one end or the other on the red color-spectrum, it's a happy medium that I think would flatter all but the darker skin tones (which would probably look better with lighter and brighter polishes). I'd say if you have fair to medium/tan skin, you'll probably like Malaga Wine. It's a beautiful, classy OPI red.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This applies a little streaky, and definitely needs two coats. While the colour is nice, I find I use it really rarely, so would not buy again.

Popular Polishes