OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 19-24
OPI Malaga Wine

4.5

on 5/27/2014 8:26:00 PM

The perfect red for pale ish people! It's not that BRIGHT red, fire hydrant red, hooker red. It's a classier, more elegant, expensive call girl red. Good for any season or occasion. Resistant to chipping for a while! Thanks, OPI!

on 4/25/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my all-time favourite blood-red polish, OPI's St Petersburgundy (which is discontinued, according to the SA) and the SA introduced this. However, when I got home, I realised it's waay too dark for my liking.

It is quite a vampy colour, almost blood-like in natural sunlight. However, it does come off a little plummy in some lights.

If you're those who like a very dark goth-like red, you'd like this. However, it's not for me; haven't even used it twice.

When I am craving a dark crimson red, this is it. It's beautiful, it lasts a long time on the nail and it isn't too purple.

on 1/15/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love!! New favorite red, perfect on my skin tone! Lasts about 4 days for me without chipping. I needed 3 coats to not get any streaks. Gorgeous deep red color, very classic. Looks beautiful on toes too.

on 1/19/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wearing this non-stop on my toes all year. A quintessential red nail polish that looks amazing on tanned or pale toes. I've layered it on for a darker red and have also used it as a base for other reds to achieve great looks. The first application out of the bottle was a much brighter red than I liked...every application after that has been better. will repurchase.

on 8/11/2005 3:47:00 PM

I initially tried this in the winter when I was a lot paler and thought, "eh, another dark red polish..." I put it away since I own a few that are darker and more dramatic and looked better with my skintone. But I was casting about for a toe color the other day and unearthed this. "Double Decker Red", my initial choice, was too garish and orange-y with my tan, but "Malaga Wine" turns out to be a gorgeous, sexy, classic red (blue-based crimson) against my tanned feet. It's dark enough not to scream, "Toes!", but vibrant enough to stand up to my deeper/warmer skintone. It also has a great, lustrous finish (no shimmer) and the same pigmentation, staying power, etc. that OPI polishes have. Great color--highly recommended for MMM.

Popular Polishes