OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
OPI Malaga Wine

4.8

I found this little gem when looking for a dupe of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu nail polish, because I needed a cheaper alternative. With OPI's extensive colour range, I knew I would find something. This is it! With two coats, this polish produces a deep blue-toned red that is creamy with a slight jelly-like sheen. Many people have told me that they actually prefer this colour than the Guerlain one that I was looking for. The colour is more rich and is more berry-like than brown-toned. On my pale skin, it is stunning to say the least. I think I will be wearing this quite frequently this fall and winter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on probably my fourth bottle of this stuff. Favorite nail polish of all time. Dark vampy red that goes on opaque in two coats. Perfect dark red nail polish.

on 6/3/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just tried this product and I love it! I have a hard time buying red nail polishes, because they usually look too pink for my taste, so it was nice to find a red that was actually red! It's not too dark or too light, it's a nice cherry-color red. The bottle was a good price and works well so I plan on rebuying it whenever it is that I need it.

on 2/2/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love red nail polishes and have lots of them. I really couldn't miss this iconic shade of OPI.
After the first coat I was a bit disappointed, it was too magenta-red. Reminded me of ''Cherries in the snow'' lipstick by Revlon. After the second coat you get a definite cool toned red and very glossy. Of course the OPI formula and brush are flawless as always.

Overall, this shade is lovely. But I don't consider it deep or vampy. (My favorite neutral deep classic red with creamy finish is ''Fishnet Stockings'' by Essie and I usually don't even like Essie's polishes)
Malaga Vine is too fun, cool and glossy to be consider vampy IMHO but I like it anyway, it's my spring/ summer red!

My go-to red. Classy, elegant and really easy to apply. Actually my first OPI ever and still like new.

on 9/22/2010 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazing color! I have used several opi reds, but this is by far my favorite. The color is so rich and vampy. It's a very sexy old Hollywood type color. I've gotten so many compliments from all ages. Buy this color over any other opi deep red.

on 8/16/2010 4:26:00 AM

This really is a beautiful red colour. At first when I purchased this product I didn't understand what all the fuss about it was, but it really has grown on me due to it's high shine, creamy consistancy and because it's so wearable. I seem to always opt for painting my nails this colour during winter because it goes with everything!

Love the wine red color, perfect I must say! I definitely prefer this over "I'm not really a waitress".

on 3/26/2009 12:44:00 PM

This is the first polish I have picked up from OPI in ages, this one with the ProWide brush and improved formula... And wow! Went on really well, two thin coats and the colour was thick, shiny and smooth - the new brush is fab too!

Sadly though I was not as impressed with the colour, it is a nice deep colour, but.. I have a few other polishes the exact same shade and much cheaper, and I dont wear this shade often, yet seem to always buy it! It is a very dark shade on me.. very brown red on me, rather than the true red that other reviewers have reported, which is a shame because I would have loved it more had it been so!

I was lured into buying it by the sales lady who told me it came out brighter (lesson learnt: only trust MUA, and never, ever listen to a sales person!)

I will certainly finish the bottle and bin the cheaper ones due to the superior quality, but slightly too dark to be flattering.

Malaga Wine is a deep wine red color - a tad cool, but neutral enough to be flattering on many skintones. With all of the super dark polishes introduced the past couple of years, this almost seems more like a mid-tone now, but I would still classify it as deep. This is a creme, which I like, and applied well (I have the older formula). This is a very classic looking red that is wearable year-round. Malaga Wine is not a unique color, but I do like it. It is very popular, but for a good reason as it is suitable for many skintones, ages, situations, etc.

Popular Polishes