OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by age: 19-24
OPI Malaga Wine

4.8

I found this little gem when looking for a dupe of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu nail polish, because I needed a cheaper alternative. With OPI's extensive colour range, I knew I would find something. This is it! With two coats, this polish produces a deep blue-toned red that is creamy with a slight jelly-like sheen. Many people have told me that they actually prefer this colour than the Guerlain one that I was looking for. The colour is more rich and is more berry-like than brown-toned. On my pale skin, it is stunning to say the least. I think I will be wearing this quite frequently this fall and winter.

on 5/27/2014 8:26:00 PM

The perfect red for pale ish people! It's not that BRIGHT red, fire hydrant red, hooker red. It's a classier, more elegant, expensive call girl red. Good for any season or occasion. Resistant to chipping for a while! Thanks, OPI!

I am absolutely OBSESSED. Let me first say that i completely understand why people invest in OPI nail polishes, simply for the following reasons:
1) This polish is a gorgeous, perfect red that would compliment so many skin tones.
2) The formula is extremely smooth, opaque, and forgiving. Even if you aren't the best at painting your nails, the formula makes this polish extremely easy to apply.

Overall, a very classy color and a nice shiny finish. I would definitely recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on probably my fourth bottle of this stuff. Favorite nail polish of all time. Dark vampy red that goes on opaque in two coats. Perfect dark red nail polish.

on 6/3/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just tried this product and I love it! I have a hard time buying red nail polishes, because they usually look too pink for my taste, so it was nice to find a red that was actually red! It's not too dark or too light, it's a nice cherry-color red. The bottle was a good price and works well so I plan on rebuying it whenever it is that I need it.

on 4/25/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my all-time favourite blood-red polish, OPI's St Petersburgundy (which is discontinued, according to the SA) and the SA introduced this. However, when I got home, I realised it's waay too dark for my liking.

It is quite a vampy colour, almost blood-like in natural sunlight. However, it does come off a little plummy in some lights.

If you're those who like a very dark goth-like red, you'd like this. However, it's not for me; haven't even used it twice.

on 4/14/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There is a reason that this polish is so popular and one of opis longest selling polishes, I believe it was from the original opi nail laquer launch of 1989! Anyway! It is an absolutely gorgeous colour! One of my all time favourites and at a tie with big apple red for my favourite red of all time! (I just can't choose between the 2 :p) this is a blood red cream that is dark, but nowhere near dark enough that it could be mistaken for black. It is the perfect dark red, particularly for fall and winter although I wear it all year round :) I wore it last Halloween and received many compliments :) application is amazingly smooth and consistent.. It wears very well (about a week with top and base coat) and it doesn't stain your nails! A perfect blood red creme! It is so super glossy and classy! Would highly recommend that everyone give it a try as I think this would suit most skin tones :)

on 2/2/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love red nail polishes and have lots of them. I really couldn't miss this iconic shade of OPI.
After the first coat I was a bit disappointed, it was too magenta-red. Reminded me of ''Cherries in the snow'' lipstick by Revlon. After the second coat you get a definite cool toned red and very glossy. Of course the OPI formula and brush are flawless as always.

Overall, this shade is lovely. But I don't consider it deep or vampy. (My favorite neutral deep classic red with creamy finish is ''Fishnet Stockings'' by Essie and I usually don't even like Essie's polishes)
Malaga Vine is too fun, cool and glossy to be consider vampy IMHO but I like it anyway, it's my spring/ summer red!

When I am craving a dark crimson red, this is it. It's beautiful, it lasts a long time on the nail and it isn't too purple.

on 1/15/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love!! New favorite red, perfect on my skin tone! Lasts about 4 days for me without chipping. I needed 3 coats to not get any streaks. Gorgeous deep red color, very classic. Looks beautiful on toes too.

Popular Polishes