Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vertigo

4.1

on 12/31/2016 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The review from Tigrushka describes the color in my view better than the description in the other reviews. Since the other reviews are all from 2008 or earlier, I wonder if Chanel changed the color a bit as they did with Vamp. My bottle is from around 2013 and it is a greenish brownish charcoal. You'd have to be on top of it or in really bright sunlight to see red or burgundy. The shimmer is much more apparent in the bottle than on the nails. I've never seen any color that looks like it. I think it is quite chic. HOWEVER, while Chanel applies beautifully, with two coats giving a very opaque, even finish, the staying power is pretty bad on me even with base and topcoats that usually provide 4 days chip free wear. But, it's gorgeous on winter toes even if DH and I and the people in my yoga class are the only ones who see my toes in cold weather. Once in awhile if I want my hands to look special for two, if I'm lucky, three days, I'll have my manicure with it. Unfortunately, this shade appears to be discontinued.

on 2/4/2016 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

As I'm a huge fan of Hitchcock and Vertigo is one of my favourite films, I was tempted to get this one based on the name alone, but luckily I do love the shade. Vertigo is very hard to pinpoint and describe accurately. It is hyperelegant, almost black, but more like a murky mixture of grey, brown and purple, and glimmery when in bright sunlight. Simply amazing!

So is the quality of the nail polish: it's thin and easy to apply, but gives very good coverage and lasts several days.

Perfection in a bottle.

on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty.....a rusty kind of red with a gold-ish shimmer. Metallic/shimmer polish. Usual Chanel quality - it lasts quite well on me.

Love, love, love this shade! I hate the brushes that come with Chanel polishes, but I adore this color! Great for fall and winter. It is somewhat similar to OPI God Save the Queen's Nails (which I also love), but Vertigo is a tad darker I think. This is a keeper.

Gorgeous color. It's a complex, flattering burgundy with gold shimmer. Vertigo is the sort of nail polish you actually get compliments on. Unfortunately, I don't think Chanel's quality is worth the price here. I find that this (and Pirate, the only other Chanel polish I've tried), doesn't chip, but it peels off, usually when exposed to heat, like in the shower. And it often does it soon after application. Not OK for a $20 nail polish.

This is a beautiful deep berry shimmer polish. I really like the metallic sheen of it due to the gold microshimmer, but it took 3 coats to get it streakfree. I actually prefer OPI's God Save the Queen's Nails, which gives me a similar color in 2 coats and is a fraction of the price.

on 11/29/2004 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is possibly my favorite shade to bring when I have a manicure! It's a classy berry with an ingenious gold/bronze sheen through it, just unique enough to be extraordinary. Always get a ton of compliments with this color...definite repurchase!

I love this. It was my nail color for Fall 2002. I hope it becomes part of the regular line, the MA told me it was only a trend color.

Popular Polishes