Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vertigo

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vertigo

4.1

on 2/4/2016 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

As I'm a huge fan of Hitchcock and Vertigo is one of my favourite films, I was tempted to get this one based on the name alone, but luckily I do love the shade. Vertigo is very hard to pinpoint and describe accurately. It is hyperelegant, almost black, but more like a murky mixture of grey, brown and purple, and glimmery when in bright sunlight. Simply amazing!

So is the quality of the nail polish: it's thin and easy to apply, but gives very good coverage and lasts several days.

Perfection in a bottle.

on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty.....a rusty kind of red with a gold-ish shimmer. Metallic/shimmer polish. Usual Chanel quality - it lasts quite well on me.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

Love, love, love this shade! I hate the brushes that come with Chanel polishes, but I adore this color! Great for fall and winter. It is somewhat similar to OPI God Save the Queen's Nails (which I also love), but Vertigo is a tad darker I think. This is a keeper.

Gorgeous color. It's a complex, flattering burgundy with gold shimmer. Vertigo is the sort of nail polish you actually get compliments on. Unfortunately, I don't think Chanel's quality is worth the price here. I find that this (and Pirate, the only other Chanel polish I've tried), doesn't chip, but it peels off, usually when exposed to heat, like in the shower. And it often does it soon after application. Not OK for a $20 nail polish.

This is a beautiful deep berry shimmer polish. I really like the metallic sheen of it due to the gold microshimmer, but it took 3 coats to get it streakfree. I actually prefer OPI's God Save the Queen's Nails, which gives me a similar color in 2 coats and is a fraction of the price.

on 11/29/2004 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is possibly my favorite shade to bring when I have a manicure! It's a classy berry with an ingenious gold/bronze sheen through it, just unique enough to be extraordinary. Always get a ton of compliments with this color...definite repurchase!

I love this. It was my nail color for Fall 2002. I hope it becomes part of the regular line, the MA told me it was only a trend color.

Popular Polishes