CHANEL No.19

CHANEL No.19
No.19No.19No.19

3.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Omg I fell in love with this perfume. I think I've found the one, my signature smell. So many different notes in one bottle.

on 10/18/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

EDIT: I now have a pre-reformulation EDP of No.19, and the difference between that and the current EDT I reviewed below is HUGE. No.19 EDP still retains the galbanum and iris chill, but it's smoother and more well-rounded rather than an icy stab to the heart. The leather and musk are much more pronounced, their thick warmth balancing out the cooler notes. Juicy vetiver lingers in the background, and all in all No.19 EDP is like bottled I'm-wearing-an-expensive-leather-coat-and-walking-through-wintry-woods. LOVE, and if I can find another pre-reformulation bottle I'll certainly buy it again. You can tell current from vintage No.19 by whether the juice is neon lime green (current) or more brown-yellow-green (vintage/pre-reformulation). 5 stars for the vintage, 3-4 for the current iteration.

No.19 EDT is perhaps one of the most polarizing scents I've ever smelled. Reviews tend to validate this as people tend to love or loathe No.19. It starts off with an icy green galbanum dagger to the chest, which remains hilt-deep for hours. Spicy leather and musk begin to creep out after the half hour or so, but No.19 stays primarily the same from first spray throughout its incredibly long dry down. I get absolutely no florals from this whatsoever, and yet, I can't imagine this on a man. No. 19 is too ice queen, bitchy, bespectacled school marm in tweed rapping a yard stick on prim leather gloves to be masculine. Withering glance in a bottle. Wouldn't re-buy as I doubt I'll use up what I have.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't get what the big deal is on this one?

To me it smells like watered down Aromatics Elixir. I tried the EDT at Macy's. It was quite light and I kept checking my arm for development. But all I got was weak roses, a little moss, followed by some patchouli. That's it. Am I missing something?

on 1/29/2010 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not one prone to headaches, but this induced one for me. I don't care if this is Chanel or a dollar store find, this stuff is horrid. In fact, I've found perfumes that smell better than this at dollar stores. It's offensive and cheap smelling. It's one of the sharpest and most cloying scents I've ever encountered.

Would this be so loved if this weren't Chanel? I seriously doubt it. Would I buy this? No, no sir!!!