CHANEL No.19

No.19No.19No.19

3.5

on 6/20/2016 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I ordered a back up bottle today, the equivalent of building a bunker at the edge of the millennium, I fear world war and pestilence. I'm told there is a movie where Adolf HItler wakes up, bemused, and finds that the bullet that blitzed his brain simply sent him to sleep for 70 years.
He's back, and I imagine the fields of Iris pallida and Rose de Mai as scorched earth. Coco, no angel where the Nazi's were concerned, inspired the perfume that is No 19 and I adore it. As many others vocalise this is my one and only, if I wasn't totally unfaithful to any one perfume.

For a more detailed breakdown of what No 19 is driven by (no aldehydes, no labdanum, little oak moss) see Elena from Perfume Shrine's article. It's a perfume that is driven as much by what it doesn't contain as what it does contain, It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. It's beautiful, just beautiful, forever and a day, until the 12th of never.

on 5/2/2010 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Chilly and unyielding, this one. To me, it comes off as a power scent of the 80's and as an icey stare across the board room. I'm glad I only ordered a sample of this and didn't go whole hog on purchasing an overpriced bottle. It came off as a void, expressionless metrosexual scent on yours truly. I guess I could try to convince my husband to give it a whirl, except after I applied it, he made a face when he sniffed my wrist. Great for an in-charge personality who is comfortable overthrowing her feminine side. I do give it credit for being no-nonsense; but cold mashed potatoes have more personality. I can't say that I hate it because I'm sure it smells luscious on many of its fans.