4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I am fair and neutral and have combination skin. I usually use EL Doublewear in Ecru. I bought this feeling quite sceptical having seen it reviewed on Instagram (not my usual pastime) but thought I would give it a try. I have no affiliation with the company or any other. I choose 102 Nude as it sounded about right and was delighted that it was exactly right for my skin tone. It is very full coverage and if I put half a pump on with my fingers it is too heavy (although it would be great for photos) but I use half a pump and a foundation brush and it is perfect. It absorbs quickly and is very long lasting. The finish is quite Matt but with some dewy ness. In the summer I mixed it with EL serum and it was lighter and more dew like. I am not sure I will every buy another foundation - I have tried loads over the year and this is the nicest finish and longer lasting than doublewear - and it has a pump! Amazing value at less than £4 a pack. Really very pleased. It really is worth the instagram hype and very little price. It is available on eBay and Amazon

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

7 months ago

I used to use Countess Isserlyn by Alexandra de Markoff for years and years. After it became hard to find, I tried a zillion different brands, from the department stores, cosmetics stores, and drug stores. I have pretty good skin, but it is pushing 60 and could use some help. I was looking around on Amazon and found this. At $4 a bottle, how could I go wrong? Guessed and ordered 3 shades, 102, 103, and 104. 103 was a great match. The consistency of this stuff is very thick and creamy—one pump is more than enough for complete coverage. I put it on my hand and use a fat little kabuki brush to apply. I think a beauty blender or sponge would work as well, maybe better. As is, it gives me a lovely, airbrushed finish. This is the first foundation that has ever come close to the $$$ old Countess Isserlyn. Did I mention it’s 4 bucks!?

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

7 months ago

Bought this through eBay. It is definitely full coverage. A little goes a long way. Too much of this will make your skin look unnatural. I apply this over Milani moisturizing primer and it looks great. It also lasts longer. I don’t know how good this foundation is for my skin but I have noticed some Whiteheads which can have nothing with this foundation. It is not a foundation that I use everyday but it is a good foundation to wear once in while. I am NC30 and I use 104. It is a tad light when applied but it warms up to my skin color.

About reviewer (919 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

from

8 months ago

Tried this foundation on a whim and am thrilled with the results! I'm really fair and bought 102 nude and 104 buff beige. It doesn't settle in fine lines and lasts all day without a touch up! Even in summer!! I use a slightly warmer toned moisturizer under the 102 nude and it's enough for me with summer. I could use the 104 if I got more sun, but I use it to add more color to my cheeks like a bronzer-but more natural. I'll get the 102 to see how light it is and maybe that will be my winter foundation if it isn't too light. Best foundation I ever used

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

8 months ago

I bought this on Amazon because it was a cheap, matte foundation and I think it is VERY good. I did get the shade #105 Sand and it was too dark so the next time I ordered #104 Buff Beige. Still a tiny bit too dark so I will be ordering #103 the next time I place an order on Amazon. It dries quickly and looks really good on my 56 year old skin. I just used and a beauty sponge I got on Shop Miss A (Paw Paw Blender) to apply it. For the price, you can't beat it. It was under $4. On the Phoera web site, it is more. I think it was $7 there, still not a bad price at all. I can't say enough about how good I think this foundation is. If you are looking for a matte foundation, you need to try this.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2.0

a year ago

I gave this so many chances. I tried it on its own, mixed it with other foundations, sheered it out with moisturizer. This goes on soft and easy, but then it dries and looks like alligator skin. It's corpse makeup on me. Cake city on my oily areas. Love the price and the pump, the color isn't too bad, but I can't do this.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

Let me start by saying I am not affiliated with this product or company in any way. I am not exactly sure why there are no reviews for this foundation. This little gem is magic in a bottle. I used to have great skin, but after I turned 50 I started experimenting with Retin-A, AHA, Vit C, etc.. I was very hard on my skin and about a year ago I totally destroyed my skin barrier. That means that I now have very dry, flakey skin, that is also red, itchy, tight, and now has hyper-pigmentation around my mouth, over my eyebrows, and on the sides of my face. It has been a nightmare to say the least. As a result, I have gone to very high coverage foundations for dry skin. I have tried ELDW, Born this Way, 24 hr Fresh wear, HG Stick foundation, etc… Even with high coverage, I still had to cake on stage makeup to cover the hyper-pigmentation. So, I looked like I hade a thick, waxy mask on my face, which would still flake off around 1pm, and I would have to run to the restroom, scrub it all off and reapply, just to get to the end of my work day. It was sooo embarrassing. After months of using non-actives, and thick moisturizers, I have the flakies under control, but still need full coverage that is not drying, and looks natural. Enter this little guy. It popped up on my Facebook, it looks great, so I give it a try. I got it in two colors, 105 (Sand) and 106 (Warm Sun). It comes in a little 30 ml plastic bottle with a pump. You shake it up, take 1 pump to back of your hand, use your brush to dot it all over and blend it in. It dry’s down to a “soft velvet matte”. I looked in the mirror and literally said “OMG”! it was amazing. Covered everything, looked like nothing on my skin, was not drying, did not look like a mask, did not look thick, it was amazing. I have been using this for the past four days but could not wait any longer to share this. I can layer any counselor on top and it looks amazing. I can also add a second layer to anyplace that has the pigmentation poking through and it lays down perfectly, does not get cakey. Lasts all day, I could just go on for ever. I do use a primer (Coverfx anti-aging primer) and I do use setting spray. Stays on all day. I love this so much. But, wait…there is more! This foundation costs $3.98!! you can get it from Amazon, Walmart, directly from the Phoera website (but I have no seen it in any store.) I am NC 42-45 and the 106 Warm Sun is a good match on me. I think this is the best thing I have discovered in a very long time. I actually feel like my skin looks decent again. I definitely recommend.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm