Paula's Choice Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser

Paula's Choice Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser
Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin (water-binding agent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (surfactant), Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol (water-binding agents), Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Lactic Acid (water-binding agent), Allantoin (soothing agent), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (stabilizer), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (surfactant), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Triethanolamine (Ph balancer), Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Benzophenone-3 (stabilizer),Methylparaben (preservative), Propylparaben (preservative

on 6/29/2016 10:12:00 AM

Having tried Vichy's deep cleansing purifying gel, Hada Labo AHA BHA cleanser, Neogen Foam Cleanser, Renew Balancing Gel Cleanser, Fresh Soy Cleanser in the past 3 years, this cleanser lies in between the extreme ends.

Vichy, Neogen and Hada Labo cleansers were way too drying. Foam cleansers in general, is too drying for my combination skin. These cleansers causes my skin to flake esp on the forehead and nose. Renew and Fresh were gentle but yet does not clean well enough - tend to have makeup residue sometimes

Abit more background, I have combination skin, wear foundation on a daily basis and live in a tropical weather where I sweat more and face tends to produce more sebum. I double cleanse every night with Bioderma Micellar water to remove my makeup, followed by facial cleanser for general cleanse.

This Hydralight cleanser performs well in cleaning my face (no makeup residue picked up after that) and yet not strip my face of its moisture. It functions well and for 200ml at S$35, it's fairly reasonable. Fresh was 150ml for S$80 ish? Will definitely stock up on the bigger bottle before it's completely discontinued.

on 5/28/2016 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I must say I love this cleanser. I have moderate acne, and it really helped my skin getting less pimples. I still do have acne, but it's much, much better than before I started using this cleanser and the hydralight toner. It doesn't smell anything, doesn't have a weird texture and it doesn't foam up. I've seen people complaining about that it doesn't foam, but the thing is that what foams in a cleanser is sulfates and alcohol - nothing that's good for your skin. I really like this one, too sad it's getting discontinued! I think I will try out another PC cleanser since I'm so happy with this one.

Edit: I do not like the packaging. I find that the product comes out of the space between the actual bottle and the screw of-lid. Wasted a bit since it just ran out of there and I didn't want to use the product that just dripped from the bottle..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I found this product to be awful. I like that it doesn't have added fragrance but that's all... The third ingredient is sodium laureth sulfate which makes it a nightmare for my skin. I tried using it at 3 different occasions but had to stop. My skin became dry, irritated, aggravated and I felt like my face was so tight, it would crack if I smiled. I think this formula is too harsh for its intended skin type. Arguably, it could work for some people but I think there is absolutely no need to strip the skin of all its moisture. At least with harsh water, this is a drying and irritating nightmare. PC you should know better!

Surely, it cleanses well. If I don't get a refund I might use it to degrease the kitchen sink!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I use this in conjunction with the Hydralight toner, Hydralight moisturizer and 2%BHA gel and it's amazing!

I have combination/oily skin that tends to be sensitive along with rosacea and some light acne. After 2 days of using these products I saw a vast improvement. My skin is clearer, more even complexion and very soft. I got the sample sizes first and liked them so much that I bought the full size products less than a week later.

I love that these products are pretty much scent free. I know they are all fragrance free, which I take to mean that no fragrance has been added, but a couple do have a slight scent. Nothing bad or obnoxious, just something that I noticed.

I gave it 4 stars for pricing because I think they are a bit pricey but not as bad as some products out there. I also gave it 4 stars for packaging just because I think the packaging could be more attractive. It's functional but boring.

I would definitely buy this again and recommend to anyone with problem skin. Get the sample sizes first.

Also, Paula's Choice is cruelty free!!

on 9/19/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Yes, found a nice cleanser for my sensitive combination skin.
Note, I double cleanse in the evening, using sumptuous camomile cleansing balm and the cleanser afterwards.

It cleans my skin without stripping it and my redness tones down.
Most cleansers are causing redness in my face.

I took one lippie off because I love pumps, this packaging squirts out way to much product and it is not a cheap cleanser.

I've only been buying the samples of this (because I am cheap, yo), but I am very pleased with this cleanser. It doesn't dry my face out, which is nothing short of a miracle when it comes to my skin. I actually e-mailed one of their reps explaining my skin type; combination but is very easily dried out and irritated by products, and sensitive. The rep got back to me pleasantly fast and offered to ship me a free sample of the Hydralight Kit. So I figured what the heck, why not? I really, really like this cleanser. It definitely cleans my face but it is so gentle that it does not leave my skin irritated and tight. I will definitely be purchasing the big bottle in the future. I am very impressed with this product.

on 8/6/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a good gel cleanser. I have oily skin and it was refreshing and worked well, but ultimately I like her Skin Balancing line a bit better.

on 7/27/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE
I have oily skin and this gel texture felt good on my skin. I felt a reduction in oiliness and it soothed some areas of my complexion but irritated my forehead momentarily. Despite the label I don't think this would feel good on combination skin and normal skin may feel dried out .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this cleanser, it cleans your skin thoroughly and keep it moist. I have a combination, acne-prone skin and this is one of the best cleanser that I've ever tried in my life. I need to use a sponge to completely clean my skin if I use a lot of make up but it is not a deal breaker. I wish the packaging look a bit prettier (I know, I'm a sucker for pretty bottles) but I can always decant it to a different bottle. Overall, great job Paula!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like Hydralight cleanser because it does what it says. It gets rid of the extra oiliness on my nose yet keeps my often dry cheeks lightly moisturized. I prefer to use Hydralight when I'm feeling extra greasy on my nose. I will be buying CeraVe Hydrating cleanser for days when I'm dry. I love how Paula's Choice does not include irritants or fragrance so you can really clean your eye area from left over make up. It's inexpensive and comes in a generous size. Will buy again :D