100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

I've been behaving myself in terms of purchasing new Eyeshadow palettes. I'm a sucker for mermaid blues and greens. The new Tarte Icy Betch Palette is full of both, so I had to have it. I highly recommend using an eye shadow primer with this palette. When I used this palette without primer I found it melted all over my lids by the end of the day. Most of the shades are highly pigmented, with the exeption of the very very light blue(almost looks like cornflower color). That shade has little to no pigment. All the colors have a vanilla scent which is pleasant and dissipates quickly as well. Overall, if you think you can pull off these shades it is a fun, unique palette full of mattes, glitters, and shimmers. My video review with swatches can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vXLThK1cgoQ"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vXLThK1cgoQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

10 months ago

The Icy Betch began life as a joke 12-pan eyeshadow palette last April Fools day on Tarte's Instagram page [or was it actually a clever way to gather customer responses?], which disappointed thousands of people who actually wanted to own a palette in that colour scheme. Fast forward to the lead-up for this year's April Fools day and Tarte began dropping promos and swatch snaps, before unveiling the real Icy Betch palette (yeah, I hate the cringy name too) palette. The final palette contains 9 pans of shadow and 1 cheek/eyes highlighter [a couple copycat brands had already ripped the original Icy Betch, so Tarte needed to switch the design a bit]... I'd not bought any Tarte eyeshadows for years as they began doing the same colour story over and over, plus their formula quality is inconsistent, however Icy Betch doesn't let us down. The shadows (5 matte, 1 microglitter, 1 satin &amp; 2 shimmer finishes) are all silky smooth, nicely pigmented and wear well for a complete working day. No complaints with the shadows whatsoever - I'm a big fan of compact palettes, which doesn't waste product space with the same boring types if neutrals, instead giving us the fun shades in ice white, blue, aqua, green, teal and silvery grey. I've been making complete eye looks with this palette alone, but it's very easy to pair this with a neutral and make it go much further. I've removed a lippie as the icy silver highlight is too subdued for my tastes; it is pretty and it does wear well, but I just prefer my highlights to be a bit more I'M HERE and just assumed it'd be more punchy like the other Tarte highlights I've tried, and since the shadow shades are vivid I'd guessed that the highlighter would be vivid too. If you like your highlight to be less, err, wham bam than I do, then you'll enjoy this; it comes of as pearl on skin, rather than ice/silver.

About reviewer (1447 reviews)

Age36-43