3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 days ago

I really struggle to find a talc free powder with coverage. This is really good but not perfect for me. It doesn’t irritate my skin (which post powders do) so that’s huuuuge for me. It’s smoothing and doesn’t emphasized pores, also hard to find for me. The lightest color works for me but I wish they had a lighter shade. It’s not cakey, with the other PF powders are on my. I really love how it looks on my skin. My only issue with it is that I get oily in a couple hours. It holds up ok for a half a day or so and then it just looks terrible. But for that, I’d give this a 5 and call it a unicorn.

About reviewer (554 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

3.0

8 months ago

I had a reaction to this. Will not repurchase. Ingredients from the manufacturer site Mica, Squalane, Silica, Kaolin, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract*, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, o-Cymen-5-ol, Water/Eau, Propanediol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). * Wu Zhu Yu Extract I checked skincarisma.com and everything looked fine; ingredient wise. Wu Zhu Yu Extract or Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract is a rather new ingredient. I was kind of iffy about it (WHAT EXACTLY is this??) but decided to go ahead. Cons: Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract caused a reaction for me. No idea why. It was most obvious in the T-zone. Fungal trigger? Caution if plant extracts are a problem. PRO: LN3 - good match for NW13 skin I applied with a powder brush Has titanium dioxide and xinc - sunscreen filters (physical)

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 months ago

Done are my days of using loose powder to set my face. This is so much less drying and smoothing and I actually love the applicator it comes with to really press it into my skin. I love that it comes with healthy ingredients and it has some coverage which makes it easy to touch up makeup after a few hours. The packaging is gorgeous too so I love taking it out at work or when I go out to touch up. I've never actually used it as a foundation since most of my face is dry, I use it sparingly to set my concealer and oily t zone. The coverage is so nice and it goes on so smooth that I suspect it would be a fantastic powder foundation for oily skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

I like this but I don’t love it. I like a compact for easy touch-ups in the summer in case I’ve sweated a lot and want to look a bit more even completed and polished in a hurry. This has a tiny bit of sun protection, too, which is a nice bonus. The compact is square and basic (kind of clinical, I suppose), and there’s a really good little mirror and small spongy applicator pad inside, too. It’s the kind of pad that really is best for touch-ups, and a brush obviously blends better. The formula feels nice and silky, and it gives a natural finish with a bit of coverage. Again, it’s best, I think, for just a bit of polish or camouflage, but it’s not a grail item for one-step-and-out-the-door looks. I wasn’t expecting that anyways. I wanted it for a milder formula without chemical sunscreens, and without tons of silicones or scents, and this fits my demands. As a result, overall, I really like this. One issue, however, is that the powder pan popped out after a couple uses. I caught it and it didn’t spill or break, but hopefully this is just a fluke and not a widespread flaw. I’m knocking down the rating for that (I’d give it 3.5 lippies for that, were it an option), as well as it seeming like there’s not a lot of product in the pan.

About reviewer (366 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

a year ago

Physicians Formula has finally expanded their shade range, so I've been experimenting with some of their new products. I got this powder in DW2. Pros: I'm very acne-prone, so I like that this is talc free! The powder is very lightweight and blends into the skin...which is great if you like a natural look. It did not highlight my pores which is a plus! The packaging is also a good size and sleek looking. Cons: It's cool that they expanded their shade range, but I was hoping the DW2 would actually have a yellow/warm undertone. I had the same issue with their Healthy Foundation...both of these turned out very orange. The powder blends into the skin well, but the orange, ashy look is definitely there. I like that it's lightweight and comfortable, but this really didn't have any coverage. I liked some things about this powder, but I would not purchase again.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age19-24