Davines Liquid Spell

Davines Liquid Spell

1 review

on 3/20/2019 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have medium-length fine but dense hair. It tends to be oily at the roots and dry on the ends, and doesn't hold a style well. I bought Davines Liquid Spell on the recommendation of a hairdresser... for $52 *gulp*. When I got home I was so mad at myself for succumbing to her sales pitch. I didn't even use it for a few weeks. Then I gave it a try, 2 foamy pumps in towel-dried hair, distributed from roots to ends, and proceeded to blow dry with a round brush. The first few times I used it I wasn't blown away. Then I figured out that I need to pair it with something more moisturizing on my lengths. Paired with Shu Uemura Essence Absolute Oil-in-cream, the combination is fantastic, much better than other styling combos I've tried. My hair is soft and shiny, but also has volume and looks nice and styled the next day, not full of kinks that need to be straightened out. It works just about as well with Living Proof Prime Style Extender underneath. I should note that I don't get the same result with either of those other two products alone, I only get the volume when I use them with the Liquid Spell. Let me try to explain it another way. Liquid Spell gives my hair the volume and styled look, but on its own it's a bit too dry and blah, it needs a little help from something more moisturizing. I'm giving it a 5 because even though I can't use it alone, I've never had such good hair as I can get with this product. I've gone through about half the bottle in 3 months, and it's become a regular product in my routine. Even though it's a pricey one, but I think I will repurchase.

Popular Styling Products