Pixi Beauty Balm High Coverage Foundation

Pixi Beauty Balm High Coverage Foundation

1 review

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Arbutin, Dimethicone, Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Sodium Chloride, Adenosine, Ceramide NP, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ozokerite, Beeswax, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Quartz, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499).

on 3/20/2019 7:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have never been a person to use foundation, because they make my skin really oily. In my late thirties, I felt I needed to use something on my skin though, as my skin tone wasn't as even as it used to be. After having tried different foundations, I discovered that one of Lumene's foundations works well on my skin. After having used the Lumene foundation for some time, I came acress Pixi's skintint and then never looked back.

I love Pixi´s skintint and it's a staple for me; I use it a lot. Then Pixi released the skin balm and I decided to try it, despite being a bit sceptical. Surely, it couldn't be as good as the skintine as it states medium to full covereage. Well, well, well, it turns out I was wrong. It is an absolutely lovely foundation! It's creamy, easy to apply and stays on all really well. I use the lightest shade and it blends perfectly with my skin tone (NC15). It has a little "glow" in it, which I thought I wouldn't like. I tend not to notice it once I've set the foundation with a powder though, so it's clearly not very noticeable. If not set with powder, it will just give your skin a little bit of extra life, which I sometimes like.

The foundation is probably buildable, but I apply it lightly as I am not a big fan of full coverage on myself. It makes my skin look even and pretty, never cakey or unnatural. It doesn't clog pores and doesn't make my skin oily (I apply it all over my face, except on my nose). The latter is very important to me as I have combo skin that tends to get oily in the t-zone. I haven't noticed the hydrating aspects of the foundation, but I like the fact that it is hydrating. If you have very dry skin, you might need something a little creamier, but for everyone else, this is a brilliant foundation. Love, love, love!