Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel

3.9

New 2013: Water/Aqua/Eau, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Diglycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Hydrangea Serrata Leaf Extract, Simmindsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Glycerin, Cellulose Gum, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sclerotium Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Old 5/20/09: Water, Diglycerin, Maltitol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Gluceth-10, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Tea-cocoyl Alaninate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Lauroyl Glutamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrangea Serrata Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil 5/20/09

on 5/26/2016 12:10:00 PM

A gentle but thorough clean. Might not be the best for removing heavy makeup. Leaves skin feeling clean but not dried out and stripped as some more foamy cleansers do. If you need a deep clean this might not be the best option but when used with Clarisonic it can get the job done. Good for combination acne prone skin. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging because if I loose the plastic clip to keep the pump closed I cannot travel with the bottle.

on 12/29/2015 4:00:00 PM

This was the first non drug store cleanser I tried, recommended by the SA at Sephora. It's on the pricier side (> 30$ CAD). The bottle lasted me a little more than 6 months of regular use (morning and night).

What I liked: no parabens, sulfates or other preservatives, so one less thing to worry about :)
I like the pump - less than one full pump is enough. It cleans skin of oil and dirt, it's gentle and doesn't irritate my skin, and it never broke me out. It helped me control acne during flares and clear up my skin of little bumps. It did help a bit to control oil but my T zone was still always oily at midday.

What I didn't like: the price!
I never tried removing makeup with it so I can't vouch for that.

To Read all 232 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Gets the skin really clean without being or feeling harsh on the skin. Doesn't dry my skin out, but makes it feel like it's deeply cleansed.

on 10/30/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a fan of Boscia products. I don't use too many of them but those I have tried, I've liked enough to repurchase. Last week, I got a trial sized bottle of this cleanser with my Sephora points. I am really enjoying it. For starters, I like the texture - it's not a blobby sort of gel (like Ole Henriksen On the Go or Philosophy Gel Cleanser, both of which I quite like otherwise) that is a bit tricky to distribute evenly on your face. It's more liquid, so it spreads more easily. The smell is fresh and the lather is not extreme and it cleans well but doesn't leave my face feeling too stripped - just clean and fresh. I like that the full size comes in a pump. I honestly have so many cleansers to use up but when I do, I would absolutely purchase this to replace one of them. It's a bit more expensive than either Henriksen or Philosophy but not insanely so and it's actually cheaper than the Clarins cleansers I use and you get more product as well.

on 5/31/2015 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this for no other reason than I was bored with my First Aid Beauty cleanser, and this one looked interesting. I've used it nearly every night since March, and I'm in LOVE. It is everything I want in a cleanser: nice smell (herbal, not cloying, not patchouli), slightly foaming, removes light makeup BUT doesn't dry out my skin, rinses cleanly, doesn't cause breakouts. In fact, my skin has not looked this good in a long time, and I had given up on any cleanser improving my skin's texture. I do use a Pond's wipe to remove the bulk of a full face of makeup, but this cleanser definitely cleans up the rest, no problem. My favorite thing about this product is that if I have a no-makeup day (i.e. only wearing sunscreen or light moisturizer), I can still use this to cleanse and it doesn't feel stripping, unlike the First Aid Beauty cream (which strips the hell out of my makeup-free skin). I just love this product, and I have repurchased many times over. I didn't like the pump packaging at first, but it's grown on me because it's really easy to dispense an even amount every time. (The pump does have a locking mechanism but I decant mine for travel.) I think the price for this cleanser is very fair, as I use less than one pump per use and and the bottle seems to last a long time. For reference, my skin is normal/dry in winter and normal/combination in summer, and I struggle with congestion/clogged pores.

$26 at Sephora for 5 oz in a plastic container with a pump

on 5/3/2015 8:51:00 PM

Smells great, but doesn't leave your skin feeling "squeaky" clean. Often, I would feel like I still had some cleanser on my skin. It is nice and gentle, but perhaps too gentle? I only used this in the mornings, as I didn't feel like it would do the job in the evenings after I've removed most of my make up. It foams up quite well and you only need a little bit, so a little product goes a long way.

on 4/3/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG face cleanser. I've been using this for years and will continue to do so. It's foamy and non-drying and leaves skin soft and smooth. Works great with my Clarisonic. A little goes a long way.

on 3/9/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was a bit concerned that my skin would be too sensitive for this, considering the essential oils. Luckily, I did not have any problems with this cleanser. It's not stripping but it's also not too gentle. (It might be drying if you don't have a proper moisturizer.) This didn't perform miracles for my skin but as someone with an oily t-zone and normal cheeks, this was rather good. I like the packaging as well: simple but cute. Comes with a locking clip or cap (not sure how to describe it) which is helpful when traveling with this dispenser bottle. I don't wear a lot of makeup so I didn't have problems removing eyebrow powder & I think the amino acids are good at taking off my sunscreen. Honestly, I could return to this product because I like the idea of using amino acids to cleanse. As a plus, this doesn't contain sulfates.

on 2/26/2015 12:41:00 AM

LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I consider this a high end product only because it cost more than a typical drug store face wash... SO YES. HAHA but I would re purchase this because its so good!!

PROS:
LOVE the feeling after washing my face
FEELS natural
FEELS clean
FEELS like theres no residue AFTERWARDS.
a little goes a LONG way
LOVE the packing clip for traveling

CONS:
Boring packaging?
Sad that it cost more than drugstore product. But you get what you paid for.. Le sigh

YOU SHOULD TRY IT! :D

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I did a lot of research for natural and acne friendly cleansers and this brand came up.
I purchased a kit from Sephora to try it out.
Apart from the usual breakouts when you change cleansers it did not dry out my skin at all.

That said it's nothing special, especially for the price.