3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

a month ago

I used this cleanser years ago when it was packaged in the white bottle, without any issues. I recently took a trip to Sephora and thought I’d try it out again but this time I noticed it was re-formulated and the packaging is a different color. After a day of using it I developed tiny bumps around my eye area but I kept using it anyway. The bumps got worse and spread all throughout my Cheeks. I’m surprised that a “clean” skincare brand would cause such a reaction. Keep an eye out if you want to try this cleanser

About reviewer (323 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2.0

a year ago

It immediately broke me out. I thought it was an amino acid gentle wash, which turned out to be so disappointing.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Years back, I purchased a Boscia konjac sponge and it came with a teeny tiny sample of this cleanser. I've been using it ever since and just the other day purchased a new bottle, something that rarely happens as I always end up wanting to try something new. I was briefly wooed away from this by Peter Thomas Roth, which seemed to offer better value for money but I don't like nearly as much as I did when I first tried it and I'm left with this honking huge bottle of a cleanser I'm not crazy for. But I come back to Boscia every time. It's the best combination of thorough and gentle....it cleans really well but doesn't strip my face entirely of moisture (though I do follow with moisturizer). This cleanser works for me all year 'round - hot humid summer and cold, harsh winter. The pump packaging is neat and convenient to use and for me, this is a reliable, affordable and perfect face wash. November 2019 update: Just purchased another bottle of this in the VIB Rouge sale. I still use and love this cleanser and it makes sense to replenish when I can save 20% since this is a staple in my skin care regimen.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I use this with a facial sponge to remove my makeup, and it does a good job. It doesn't remove my mascara, however I'm more comfortable with using coconut oil to remove my waterproof mascara. Overall I'm satisfied with this cleanser to remove my makeup, except for the price tag.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

A gentle but thorough clean. Might not be the best for removing heavy makeup. Leaves skin feeling clean but not dried out and stripped as some more foamy cleansers do. If you need a deep clean this might not be the best option but when used with Clarisonic it can get the job done. Good for combination acne prone skin. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging because if I loose the plastic clip to keep the pump closed I cannot travel with the bottle.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesOther

4 years ago

This was the first non drug store cleanser I tried, recommended by the SA at Sephora. It's on the pricier side (> 30$ CAD). The bottle lasted me a little more than 6 months of regular use (morning and night). What I liked: no parabens, sulfates or other preservatives, so one less thing to worry about :) I like the pump - less than one full pump is enough. It cleans skin of oil and dirt, it's gentle and doesn't irritate my skin, and it never broke me out. It helped me control acne during flares and clear up my skin of little bumps. It did help a bit to control oil but my T zone was still always oily at midday. What I didn't like: the price! I never tried removing makeup with it so I can't vouch for that.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Gets the skin really clean without being or feeling harsh on the skin. Doesn't dry my skin out, but makes it feel like it's deeply cleansed.

About reviewer (1080 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

I purchased this for no other reason than I was bored with my First Aid Beauty cleanser, and this one looked interesting. I've used it nearly every night since March, and I'm in LOVE. It is everything I want in a cleanser: nice smell (herbal, not cloying, not patchouli), slightly foaming, removes light makeup BUT doesn't dry out my skin, rinses cleanly, doesn't cause breakouts. In fact, my skin has not looked this good in a long time, and I had given up on any cleanser improving my skin's texture. I do use a Pond's wipe to remove the bulk of a full face of makeup, but this cleanser definitely cleans up the rest, no problem. My favorite thing about this product is that if I have a no-makeup day (i.e. only wearing sunscreen or light moisturizer), I can still use this to cleanse and it doesn't feel stripping, unlike the First Aid Beauty cream (which strips the hell out of my makeup-free skin). I just love this product, and I have repurchased many times over. I didn't like the pump packaging at first, but it's grown on me because it's really easy to dispense an even amount every time. (The pump does have a locking mechanism but I decant mine for travel.) I think the price for this cleanser is very fair, as I use less than one pump per use and and the bottle seems to last a long time. For reference, my skin is normal/dry in winter and normal/combination in summer, and I struggle with congestion/clogged pores. $26 at Sephora for 5 oz in a plastic container with a pump

About reviewer (352 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0
from

5 years ago

Smells great, but doesn't leave your skin feeling "squeaky" clean. Often, I would feel like I still had some cleanser on my skin. It is nice and gentle, but perhaps too gentle? I only used this in the mornings, as I didn't feel like it would do the job in the evenings after I've removed most of my make up. It foams up quite well and you only need a little bit, so a little product goes a long way.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

from

5 years ago

HG face cleanser. I've been using this for years and will continue to do so. It's foamy and non-drying and leaves skin soft and smooth. Works great with my Clarisonic. A little goes a long way.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age