Paula's Choice CALM Mineral Moisturizer SPF 30 - Normal to Dry Skin

3.0

1 review

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have bought this several times because it works very well in the darkest of winter on chapped and dry skin. I walk my big dogs everyday unless there is a non-stop rain so I need some hydrating protection when I'm dry. I also have rosacea and although I wouldn't call this calming, it's not irritating to my often irritated face.

It takes a little rubbing to get this to sink in and it's very thick. Tube is Ok and functional.

What isn't great it that it is not shelf-stable. I've had reserve tubes of this but they do not hold up even when packed away in a dark makeup drawer. They will develop a funky smell and the cream texture seems to separate.

Also I cannot rely on this for SPF protection. When I wear this continually my freckles darken. Since I reserve for winter it is ok but that's one of the problems with PC sunscreens for me. It is probably my fault in that I don't apply enough because the textures are weird or too heavy. But I can apply other sunscreens with no darkening of skin tone so is it me or the products???