e.l.f. Cosmetics MAKE ME MATTE! FOUNDATION ADJUSTER

3.0

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Net Wt. 0.27 oz. (7.7 g)Silica, Kaolin, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane MAY CONTAIN:Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow Iron Oxide (CI 77492)

on 3/19/2019 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am still in testing phase for this product - but be warned - a little goes a VERY long way. I made the mistake of trying this out before work while getting ready, and scooped out (what I thought) was a little amount into my ELF flawless finish foundation, and it literally turned my foundation into dry mousse cement. I obviously used WAY too much, so I don't blame the product. But this stuff works. You don't get a lot (compared to actual loose face setting powder) but because a little (and I mean, A LITTLE) goes a long way - it will last you forever.

It comes in a small loose powder container, with a cover that slides to give you 2 dispersal options: one little hole to scoop out an amount or option 2: "sifter" mode if you want to sprinkle some out in the lid. It also comes with a little plastic white scoop. It's white, unscented -- not sure about flashback/translucency on the skin yet - but from the first time trying this - it does take some practice with mixing. The product is so lightweight (think: flour while baking) that when you try to mix it with your foundation, mine fluffed EVERYWHERE in my hand, onto the floor, my lap etc... so be careful.

One thing to note: it does make your foundation oxidize IMMEDIATELY upon mixing. I'm not sure if this is normal with other matte mixers (thinking of UD's version) but mine oxidized before I could even put it on my face. I also was not able to apply it to my face with a damp sponge - it was just too dry and thick - but again, I think that was my fault for using too much, so don't judge application from that. For the amount I did use - it turned my ELF foundation into a mousse like formula - along the lines of Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation - if you are familiar with that formula. It does mattify. For sure.

I want to test again - possibly with other foundations and with the same one, perhaps also try it as a primer powder before applying foundation (instead of mixing it in, dust a small amount on your face) - so I will test further. But this stuff does work! (ETA: folks on the elf site are saying they use it to set their face - I wouldn't recommend. I'm sure you'd have flashback if you did this - but ELF does recommend using it BEFORE foundation, like it's supposed to be used - either mixing with, or applying over your face FIRST. Not after.)