Obagi Professional-C Peptide Complex

Obagi  Professional-C Peptide Complex

1 review

Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Stearic Acid, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Ethoxydiglycol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Disodium EDTA, Polyurethane-40, Ethylhexylglycerin, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Kinetin, Zeatin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta Glucan, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Camellia Sinesis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Hydrochloric Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract.

on 3/17/2019 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am so conflicted about this product. On the one hand it's bloody expensive ($113.00 + tax), and the bulk of the ingredients aren't anything special (the first 5 ingredients are: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Stearic Acid). Even the "functional" ingredients are pretty low down on the ingredients list. That said, it does have vitamin E, panthenol, kinetin, zeatin, THDA (vitamin C), green tea extract, beta glucan, peptides, hyaluronic acid, and MAP (vitamin C). But most of those are nearer the bottom of the ingredients list than the top, so who knows how much is actually in the product.

I do think it's important to point out that this product is meant to be used in conjunction with a separate vitamin C serum. I can't use Obagi's C serum as it is L-Ascorbic Acid based - which my skin is instantly irritated by -, so I use this with Hyalamide c25 Booster (2 pumps of this + 3 drops of that). I also think it's worth noting that I always top this with either CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion or LRP Lipikar Lotion, both of which have niacinamide in them, which may work synergistically with kinetin and zeatin to reduce the signs of aging in skin beyond what those ingredients show independent of each other.

That said, I do notice a difference in my skin when I use this. My the skin around my eyes looks much less crepe-y and... thicker, I guess. Much less delicate, much more youthful. Overall my skin looks plumper, tighter, and more even toned. In fact in the last 3 weeks since I've been using this combination I've had 3 people assume I'm in my late 20's and not my late 30's as I actually am. That kind of flattery certainly takes the sting out of the $113 price tag.

At the end of the day would I repurchase this? Yes. It is expensive, but I personally find it beneficial and if I can afford it I will splurge on it. Would I go out of my way to get this if it was a financial burden? No. I would much rather invest in tretinoin, sunscreen, and vitamin C. I think of this product like dessert; it's not necessary, but I really, really like it.