CLINIQUE Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup

CLINIQUE Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup

IngredientsWater\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethyl Urea, PPG-12/Smdi Copolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Polyaspartate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Isostearate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Micrococcus Lysate, Resveratrol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Stearate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Laureth-7, Trehalose, Triethyl Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone Silylate, PEG-8, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methicone, Alumina, Silica, Propylene Glycol Caprylate, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 3/19/2019 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have to say this is my new favorite. I saw this advertised in a magazine and it piqued my interest. I have never been able to find a good match from Clinique in their foundations, so I did not have high expectations. LOW and behold after visiting two Clinique counters, the first only had 5 shades because they did not get all of their shipment...boo Dillards....Macy's had every shade! Great counter girl matched me with #1 Flax. Perfect color loved it. It wears extremely well. I have tried it warmed in hands, with a buff brush, and with a sponge. It looks great any which way! I do like to sheer this down a little as it is truly full coverage. I also like it with a little primer, my favorite FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer. Overall this is a winner, hands down! I definitely recommend this! I even called my sister to let her know. Also right now Clinique online is having a 25% sale with free shipping...you can't go wrong there :)

on 3/16/2019 5:56:00 PM

Oh dear, I really wasn’t impressed with this. I have been suffering with dry cheeks and mild rosacea so I have been looking at new foundations as I need a little more coverage now. I tested the shade Alabaster which was quite a good match for my fair skin. Upon application I mentioned to the Clinique assistant that my dry patches were super visible, she said that would be the case with all foundations (not true). This felt very sticky going on, too wet and never seemed to fully dry. A few hours later it still felt tacky, this would definitely transfer to clothing etc. The consistency was way too thick for me and also made my skin feel itchy (this hasn’t happened to me in years). Looks like I will just stick with Estée Lauder Double Wear Light if I want a foundation with higher coverage.

So glad I decided to purchase the new Clinique Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup Foundation.  I've typically found Clinique's foundations to usually be a little lackluster.  The foundations always seem to be just okay, but never anything great.  The Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup applies very easily and works well over most primers and sunscreens.  My skin is very dry, and even more so with the long, cold winter.  I love that even at the end of a twelve hour day, which includes a gym visit, the foundation still looks great.  Recently I've been experiencing that even my favorite foundations to end up looking cracked and flaky by the end of a long day.  I have not had any of these issues with the Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup.

The Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup Foundation comes in 27 shades, which despite being full coverage, are pretty forgiving.  I do wish that this contained SPF, but to be honest, I'd rather have no SPF in the foundation than a low SPF number like SPF 10 or 15.  It was nice to see that Clinique included a few beneficial ingredients in this foundation.  This includes niacinamide, St. Paul's Wort, a peptide, salicylic acid, vitamin e, lecithin, and more.  The other bonus for this foundation is that this is truly fragrance free so if you have sensitive skin this might be an option.  If you are interested, my video review and swatches can be seen here:

Full Ingredients List:  Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethyl Urea, PPG-12/Smdi Copolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Polyaspartate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Isostearate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Micrococcus Lysate, Resveratrol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Stearate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Laureth-7, Trehalose, Triethyl Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone Silylate, PEG-8, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methicone, Alumina, Silica, Propylene Glycol Caprylate, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).