L'Oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Waterproof Concealer

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Waterproof Concealer

4.3

A really good concealer available in a wide range of shades. It’s full coverage so you only need a very small amount. Blends well and stays put. The packaging and large wand applicator remind me of Tarte Shape Tape. Just be aware that this dries down a shade or two darker than what you originally see when you apply it. I’m NC40 in MAC and originally bought shade 365 Cashew. It dries down to my exact skin tone and I wanted something lighter to really brighten up my under eyes so I repurchased in 355 Vanilla. Overall, very good. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loved the idea of this concealer - really full coverage with just a tiny amount, big doe foot applicator and all from the drugstore. This had me written all over it.

But I just can't get along with the formula at all. It was really thick and sticky, very similar to the NYX waterproof concealer in the tube, except slightly less oily.

I didn't find that it covered my dark circles well, but instead the shade blended out super light and just gave me glowing white undereyes with dark circles. It was always too full coverage for me, since I wear a pretty sheer base, so I sometimes looked like i was only wearing bright concealer and no other base makeup.

The blending was a serious issue, though. Sometimes, my beauty blender was too wet I guess, so it would blend out everywhere EXCEPT where I had originally dabbed it on, leaving totally bare patches under my eyes. I would then need to either blend like hell or take off the concealer and re-apply. This happened 5-6 times in the 4 months I had it. Way too much work for a concealer - NEXT.

i think this is a pretty good dupe for the tarte shape tape concealer, i have both and i cant tell the difference, and will not be buying shape tape anymore bc of the price difference. this is a tiny bit drying, as is shape tape, but my skin is combo-dry at the moment. this concealer wears all day on my skin, with adequate prepping, otherwise it will emphasize dry patches. i have the shade cashew and it matches me well enough for my all over skin tone. i never do the undereye concealer thing, so i cant say how it is , as i usually just spot conceal /use this as foundation

on 3/23/2019 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

this is 100% the best concealer ive tried. it has amazing coverage and a pretty decent shade range for fair-medium skin tones not sure about deep. doesnt settle into fine lines nearly as much as other concealers plus it last a long time. it has made me want to try out the foundation for it because the formula is great for me and the concealer i picked up which is porcelain is a perfect match for me. a little pricey and has a decent sized applicator. its one of those concealers where you dont need to use a lot because little goes a long way.

I have this in a few different shades depending on what I’m looking to cover but they are all pretty light so I’m still looking for a closer match to my skin tone darker than ivory, oatmeal or fawn but don’t want to buy more of this until I’ve used more of the 3 I have now. I have not tried these as a highlighter yet though they claim you can use it for that. It’s too drying for me to use it on larger areas of my face than just my under eye area. They work okay for highlighting my under eye as well as providing full coverage. However, for a dry skinned over 40 gal like myself it’s drying to my under eye on its own. I have to apply eye cream and primer to keep it from looking cakey or settling into fine lines. If I set it with powder at all a few hours later it can crease on me. So most often I’ll use just a super light patting of under eye setting powder or no powder at all and it’s okay all day. I use a setting spray instead and that works for me with this. I like the packaging but I never apply directly to my face with the gigantic dough foot applicator. A little goes a very long way! I dab a bit on my hand then tap and blend with a blending sponge or my finger and it blends out fairly well. It dries quickly so I only apply in one spot at a time. All in all, I’ll continue to use it but I like a concealer stick more than this for the moisture and finish but I like this for the coverage and the finish is acceptable if I prep my skin well enough. I like the staying power so that and the coverage wins out. I may buy it again. Not my HG concealer yet though.

on 3/23/2019 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This concealer has incredible coverage with a very skin-like finish which is all I want from a concealer really! Has the slightest tendency to crease but nothing crazy. It sets quickly and still looks great at the end of the day and with 1-2 dots of it I achieve a great result so it feels light on the skin as very little amount of it is necessary. Packaging is sturdy and I’m sure it won’t leak or break open easily and the applicator is great in my opinion. I don’t know how there isn’t more hype around it as it gives so much and at a reasonable price! My new HG! Shade range is also great for the drugstore I think (but I only speak for the lightest shades because I’m very pale and can’t tell for the medium to deep ones)

I'm on the fence about this one.

On one hand it's crazy coverage and you only need the tiniest bit. It's fairly decent and holds up all day. But I noticed if I wasn't super careful, it'd crease in my fine lines and the concealer would skip over the crease. Leaving the crease without product and being more obvious. So I'm sure I could work with it a bit to prevent that. It also is a hair drying but not even nearly as bad as something like shape tape.

It was such full coverage that I could use it, then powder foundation. When at the end of the day my powder would be gone. I had rings of concealer around my eyes.

So if you need/want full coverage and don't have oily skin. This might be a HG for you.

Edited 4/18/19 - Taking some points off the packaging rating. I noticed in the past few weeks as I was doing my makeup I was ending up with large chunks of silver glitter on my face. I figured out today that it was flakes of paint from the top of the tube for this concealer. I covered it with tape so it would stop flaking off on my hands.

I bought this from Ulta in the shade Oatmeal (345). I used to be NC 25, not sure if that's still true, but I don't wear foundation so I don't know what my best match is these days.

This concealer does what I want it to do - it covers redness around and under my nose and on my chin from breakouts and broken capillaries. It looks to me like the shade range offered is fairly decent. The texture of the product is creamy and blends very easily. The finish is matte and the coverage is high.

The doe foot applicator is larger than what I've seen on any product before, and the tube is fatter than most concealers. I can't yet say whether the packaging is durable and will hold up.

So far, product wear seems good. I haven't noticed any oxidation or settling into pores, etc.