Deciem The Ordinary "Buffet" + Copper Peptides 1%

Deciem The Ordinary
The Ordinary The Ordinary

4.5

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Copper Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 3/20/2019 10:36:00 AM

I got this to heal my skin, in case I overdo it with TO's direct acids/vitamin C. I have not experienced redness or flaking from using all the exfoliants, so I think it is working.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased the original Buffet several times, and now using this version with Copper. I have combo skin that easily breaks out from most topical moisturizers and treatments, but this one doesn’t. Helps hydrate my skin, no breakouts, great price. It’s a holy grail product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I adore this! It's my best preferred product from the line and even if it the most expensive they sell (retails for Eur 36, which is on the higher end for this line, known for their very affordable prices) I will buy this forever.
This serum is like a drink of water for my skin and it has a profound effect immediately, my overall skin tone is much more even and bright.
That’s my skin’s morning staple diet. Goes on like silk and very hydrating.
It has a strange blue /violet strange colour to it and the consistency is gel like, however it is easy to apply and control, you just need one drop for your whole face. Not olily, it sinks in and can be layered with other serums or moisturizers.
This serum is absolutely amazing!

on 12/2/2018 4:33:00 AM

After some of the negative reviews I've seen for this product - not on MakeupAlley, but elsewhere - I've become convinced that the world is full of ingrates who have no idea how lucky they are that they can even get their hands on a serum as potent as this.

If not for The Ordinary, most of you wouldn't stand a chance of getting your hands on a potion with similar ingredients, because the legacy brands would easily be charging at least $500 - and that's a conservative estimate. So y'all need to have several seats, because I'm about to school y'all.

This serum contains 8 peptides:

1. Copper Tripeptide-1 (Copper Peptides)
2. Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline)
3. Pentapeptide-18 (Leuphasyl)
4. Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (component of Matrixyl 3000)
5. Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (component of Matrixyl 3000)
6. Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38 (Matrixyl synthe'6)
7. Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate (SYN-AKE)
8. Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine (Relistase)

2 forms of hyaluronic acid:

1. Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer
2. Sodium Hyaluronate

A probiotic:

1. Lactococcus Ferment Lysate

and an assorted smorgasbord of amino acids, humectants, cell-communicating and skin-identical ingredients, natural moisturising factors (NMFs), etc:

1. Allantoin
16. Maltose
17. Urea
18. Sodium Pca
19. Pca

For a serum that contains all of the above to cost just 28. Canadian. dollars. - TWENTY-EIGHT - is nothing short of a Christmas miracle. You're getting the most potent collagen-building, damage-repairing, anti-ageing, line-erasing, skin-smoothening, skin-plumping potion for 28 frickin' dollars, and y'all still wanna complain?!

CHILE.

This thing did for me what my retinols and exfoliants couldn't do: It erased the 11 lines between my brows in just five days.

Go figure.

Plus, unlike the regular Buffet, the Buffet + Copper does NOT contain hydrogenated castor oil. The original Buffet broke me out because of the oil in it (Deciem, what are you thinking? Don't nobody want that damn oil in their serums). Thank god this one doesn't have it!

on 11/15/2018 6:05:00 AM

This product supports Retin-A treatments amazingly. I have very sensitive thin skin with rosacea and acne. Ever since I’ve been using The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5 my skin has drastically improved. I was suffering from dehydration of the skin but could not use any normal creams because I would have irritation and acne from the oil or fragrance or whatever. Even glycerin was irritating. Since using the Ordinary I have now been able to wean myself onto Retin-A at a strength of 0.05 %. I use it every three nights on its own. I was looking for a product that would relieve the light irritation I was getting from the Retin-A. This is the product!!! The Buffet + Copper Peptides 1% is nice and cushiony to my skin inbetween my Retin-A treatments. I use hyaluronic acid + B5 and then Buffet + Copper twice a day expect when I use Retin-A on every third night. Then I use Retin-A alone on dry skin. My irritation heals quickly with Buffet + Copper and my face has never looked better since using Retin-A parallel to The Ordinary. The price is high for The Ordinary but the anti-inflammatory properties of this product make it far better than the regular Buffet, when trying to reduce irritation from Retin-A.

on 10/23/2018 9:03:00 PM

I used up one bottle of the original buffet and when the new formula with copper became available, I figured why not. I use this every morning after toning and let it absorb while having breakfast. After breakfast I would put a sunscreen on before heading out of the door. I've used up half of the bottle - I don't see any drastic improvement in my skin but I like the way this applies and sits with my skin. It's also convenient to carry around while traveling due to the small size of the bottle. I will continue to use this unless I find a great alternative for my morning routine at this price point.

on 9/18/2018 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I fucking hate this product. I never return things but I'm pretty sure I'm going to return this, even if I have to pay the return shipping back and lose out. It's that bad. I don't even remember the last time I was this disappointed in skincare.

PROS: It has a blue tint, which I was worried about, but it goes on completely clear. My skin also likes the ingredients in the original Buffet the last time I tried it. It gives me a more rested look.

CONS: This dries tacky and shiny and these qualities poke through or make other products less compatiable. It makes my regular sunscreen of the moment, Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 55, PILL and not dry down matte anymore or feel set by itself, even when it's high in silica. It literally changes my sunscreen to something I hate. It also causes this even when I put a moisturizer inbetween the sunscreen and the serum! It's terrible for makeup too and it doesn't matter how much you use. I've tried using 3 dots on my face (tacky and shiny, like my face looks sweaty), applying it to a damper face (tacky and shiny), couple drops on my hands (tacky and shiny), 2 small dots on my hands applied sparingly (drier feeling, but still tacky, still incompatible with product on top). Had another family member try it because I was starting to feel insane. Same reaction for them. Who is using this product? I wanted to use this during the day but that is impossible. Terrible formula. It also breaks me out I'm pretty sure. I've tried to back off it and then return and I pay for it.

OTHER: This serum is a diva. Due to hydrolysis reactions, you can't use it with vitamin c (maybe derivatives?), acids, or high strength antioxidants. What else is left? Oils? Moisturizer? More peptides? It's a little limiting and I don't need additional feeling on top of the tackiness. You should know this before purchasing.

OVERALL: I remember liking the original Buffet but after this experience, I'm not sure I'll even chance trying that again if there is any chance it'll be this tacky.

on 9/9/2018 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How is it nobody has reviewed this yet? I had to add this product because it's so amazing.

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. However, among the many products that I've tried (more than 10), and many of them are great, if I could only choose one product to keep, THIS hands down would be it. Yes it's the most expensive, but it performs way better than other serums from high end brands that cost many times this price.

It's a funky blue (which is the natural colour of copper peptides) and the texture goes on smoothly. This was the only Ordinary product where I saw results overnight. I put it on and the next morning, I woke up to clear, smooth skin. This was the most magical product I've tried in my 40-odd years (and I'm a skincare junkie). If you have dehydrated, aging skin with signs of uneven texture and wrinkles, you HAVE to try this one.

It's a much more affordable alternative to the NIOD CAID, and from what I've heard, easier to use as well. Truly magic in a bottle.

on 8/6/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for several months now every night and have gone through about half a bottle. I don't see any immediate difference in my skin but based on research the effects of copper peptides are more long term, as they help build collagen. Copper is also supposed to be an anti-inflammatory. Again I can't really speak to this effect as I don't have much redness or irritation in my skin. I used to have some slight rosacea and flakiness on my chin but those conditions have gone away since I've upped my skin care game over the past couple of years. I do enjoy using this product and it helps with dehydration. It's not too sticky but it's not really an issue in the p.m. since I apply other products immediately over top. It is more expensive than the regular version of the Buffet serum but still pretty affordable considering what you get.

on 5/19/2018 11:55:00 AM

The new Buffet + Copper Peptides 1% is a new spin on the original formula of The Ordinary's Buffet for those looking to add some additional peptides into your skincare routine. I was taken aback initially by the vibrant blue color this serum has, but it is a nice shade so I'll take it. The texture is the same as the original Buffet and the ingredients are the same with the exception of the addition of these added Copper Peptides. There is promising research showing that these peptides are very similar to the ones we produce so they are supposed to be extremely firming and good for anti-aging regimens. Drunk Elephant uses these in their eye serums. The cost of this new Buffet is about double the original so you have to make the decision if you want to spend the higher amount just for these Copper Peptides. It also depends how fast you go through a bottle and what your anti-aging needs are. I will purchase this again because I really like the formula, and the fact that it is fragrance free makes me enjoy using it even more. My review video can be seen here: