Chapstick Total Hydration Vitamin Enriched Tinted Lip Oil

3.5

on 3/31/2019 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a whim as my first falter in a no-buy and regret it.

It's perfectly fine. It's a lightly tinted non-sticky slick hydrating gloss product. It doesn't last long, and the smell is synthetic and unpleasant.

It's $7 at Target for a TINY tube, and for $12 I can get 0.5 ounces--a huge amount-of Frank Body Cherry Bomb, a lanolin-based sheer red tinted similar product that's a prettier color, smells better, hydrates better, and lasts way longer. I feel like there are lots of other lanolin-based or coconut oil-based products that would work better than this if you're fine with those ingredients.

on 2/14/2019 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like, but don't necessarily love this product.

I do enjoy a lot of Chapstick's offerings, and seeing they had a tinted lip oil, I was roped in.

I am finding a lot I really like about it.

The squeeze tube is nice and tidier than a wand or brush applicator. I chose Blushed Bronze, which I hoped wasn't metallic, and it isn't. It's more a pinky-mauve-nude. It's fairly sheer. Like Lipstick Queen's sinner lipsticks, it seems to have about the same level (10 percent) or less pigment. I have naturally pale lips to it adds a touch of color. Because of its sheerness it's easy to apply without making a mess outside of lip lines.

The contents feel nice. They glide on like a nice oil. It's not so thick like something loaded with vaseline, and it's not insubstantial like it'll wear off in three seconds. It has a nice consistency, kind of like a nice oil that isn't sticky at all. It adds a bit of shine, too, and lasts a decent amount of time (providing you're not eating a sandwich or something). There is no real flavor, but there is a bit of a scent. It's faintly fruity. It reminds me of fruit punch after you drink a bottle of it and there's a bit of the smell that remains in the bottle after the liquid is gone. After applying the balm-oil I'll notice the scent for a few seconds and then it's neutral to me.

Overall, it's a nice product. I wish it had a tiny bit more tint to it, and maybe a bit less scent. Also, $6 to $7 seems a bit cheap for a Chapstick product, but I like it. If I find a deal I may pick up another one, maybe the plum color or something. I'm happy I found a little something to provide some nice moisture in the winter months, though.