Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Tapestry Taupe

Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Tapestry Taupe

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I find most Cover Girl shadows to be too hard to work with. Literally they are physically hard. But this shade is easy to work with. It does need to be layered to get the full color you see in the package but you can also use it lightly and get a different effect.

on 10/12/2015 9:17:00 PM

I just couldn't help writing a review for his shadow. My mom wore this eyeshadow alone while I was growing up ( I always remember a palette of it sitting in her makeup bag) and STILL to this day wears this color with covergirl professional mascara for as long as I've been alive! It looks really great on all eye colors especially hazel and green eyes! Now I buy it as soon as I run out and it has huge nostalgia for me :-)

To Read all 175 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/27/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just bought this, and I love it. It's a cool toned taupe with a tiny bit of shimmer, which is exactly what I wanted. There isn't a lot of color payoff, but that's okay, because I use it as a wash of color over the whole eyelid. I layer it over Elf Primer, and it looks terrific. If you want a dark smokey look, this won't work except maybe as a base color.

I read all the great reviews about this and thought I should try it. I bought it many years ago and put it in the back of my stash. I pulled it out the other day to try it and now I remember why I put it there. There is close to no pigmentation on me. And I am very pale, NW20 pale, so you would think there would be something. I just get a very light beige with shimmer. No thanks. I don't know if I got a dud or what but into the garbage it went. I don't even want to bother trying to repurpose it like I do other makeup products I buy and don't like.

on 10/8/2014 10:06:00 AM

This has been a favorite of mine for years now. So versatile, I think pretty much anyone can rock it. I've done both natural and smokey looks with this product, and it always turns out looking amazing. Highly recommend :)

on 7/9/2014 8:54:00 PM

This is my most used eyeshadow color. It is very light and shimmery and looks great with a bit of eyeliner on the top lid with mascara. Makes your eyes pop! I use this almost on a daily basis.

on 3/9/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

An elegant, taupe eyeshadow with lots of shimmer. It turns more gray on my eyelids which I find very flattering on my Asian double lids. With a flick of dark shadow as eyeliner and some black mascara, this is my fail-safe look for the office. For color reference I am NC 30 with warm undertones.

On the issue of pigmentation: it's sheer but not unevenly so. I often wonder why the level of pigmentation often determines a quality product - there are pigmented products on the market that are not user-friendly because it becomes a hassle to blend the color out. This one is subtle and very easy to work with; you could even apply this with fingers if you wanted to.

As for longevity, it doesn't last more than an hour without an eye primer (with the help of NARS Pro Prime, it last 8 hrs). But for me personally, I've never worn eyeshadow on any working day without an eye primer since my eyelids are extremely oily and prone to creasing eyeshadow.

This is a great product and has remained an enduring love.

About the price - it's very affordable. If I could go back in time and advise my old self when she didn't have any pretty eyeshadows to play with, I'd tell her to buy this first. For a drugstore impulse buy, this one is a winner.

on 2/23/2014 1:47:00 PM

I love the colour and it does have staying power. My only complaint is that I'm 2 for 2 for the shadow cracking and becoming powdery all over my makeup case.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeshadow. It's a very good everyday color. Since it's a taupe, (more on the grey side then MAC's Satin Taupe), it helps the other colors pop, like mascara, brush and lipstick, also this color would be suitable for almost everyone and every color of the outfit. I also feel it shows the color more before applying UD's primer.

on 1/5/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to own a single shadow in champagne which I recall is very pigmented and apply evenly.
Tapestry Taupe is very pretty in pen, however it's TOO SHEER that hardly show up as swatch or eyelid, and way too silvery for my taste.
I got it on sales for around US$2 and it's a good price, but I believed there're other option with better quality and texture.
NOT recommended.