3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I bought this because of YouTuber Shelby Wilson's recommendation.... She called it a dupe for a Charlotte Tilbury lip liner that's really popular (Pillow Talk maybe?). I usually only use Nyx, MAC and Wet N Wild (the gel kind) lip liners, I don't generally try other brands. And I always stick to the same 2 colors, bright hot pinks and soft baby pink nudes. This one is a rosey beige... It's very pigmented and extremely creamy. I absolutely love the formula! It's a lot creamier than Nyx and MAC and applies nicer and more easily than my beloved Wet N Wild. My lips are extremely pale so for others with more naturally pigmented lips this shade might be natural looking mlbb but for me it's not and I'm good with that, it's pretty and flattering. I really like this lip liner for softening a neon or deep pink lipstick, it's so pigmented and blendable that it really can change your lip color if you want it to. While I found this a bit expensive for a drugstore brand for me personally (7 bucks at Walmart) I love the formula and will definitely repurchase and buy more colors...

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

a year ago

I'm so sorry, Maybelline, but this product is far from your best. The good: -Pretty, natural, versatile, peachy-rose color -Convenient twist up (although I personally prefer real pencils) -Glides on fairly easily The bad: -"Dusty" is an appropriate name for this lip liner because it also describes the formula, which is so weird and dry on the lips that it balls up and crumbles. I can swipe my finger over my lips and nearly dust the product off completely. However, if you apply this in a thin layer and wear an emollient lipstick or gloss with it, this lip liner could be workable. -Leaves behind patches of the line on my lips in different places, which is particularly difficult to remove. Shall we say "sporadically long-wearing"?

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age30-35