2.0

price range

Reviews

from

3 months ago

I'm have this in fair-light. It's quite neutral and just a touch too light but I fear the next color up would be too dark for my nw15, Fenty 150 skin. I just blend a tiny drop of a too dark foundation mini into it to custom blend to my skin. This CC cream provides full coverage similar to the IT cosmetics CC cream. I do have to take time to blend this one in and like to finish with a dry sponge to really press it into the skin. Lasts fairly well throughout the day, though it does cake up on the sides of my nose by the end of the day. I do think my skin looks better after wearing it so it's almost like a wearable treatment. High Spf but I do wear a separate sunscreen underneath. I love the packaging and this company's ethos, so I'm likely to splash out for it again.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

5 months ago

Eh. This stuff seems to be just the same as any other run of the mill foundation. It didn't know that it covered or blurred anything more than a normal foundation. Even with a thick coverage, it just looked caked on and not very concealing on my skin. Not worth the money in my opinion.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

So let me start by saying that I don't like this brand. The brand uses charity donations as their #1 marketing tool and to me, that's atrocious. Any google search on cosmetic companies will show you that nearly EVERY makeup company out there (including small indy brands) donate to charity on a regular basis. Not only is this public record, but these donations are excellent write offs for the business, resulting in less taxes that the company has to pay. Just keep that in mind when you pay $32 for that bronzer that you can get at the drugstore for $10 and that drugstore company donates more than twice the amount to charity than Thrive Causmetics. (Sorry, but I need to know these things for my career, so it just makes it hard to stay silent). Anyway, here is my product review. It sucks. I didn't buy these. I received deluxe samples of all the colors, thanks to my friend with now, nearly 1.1 million followers on Instagram. She didn't like this either. It transfers EVERYWHERE - including on your hair! For example, if the wind blows and you move your hair out of the way, you will have this CC cream on your finger, on your hair and there will be a removal spot where the cream rubbed off on your face! This is after it is supposed to set (like 2 hours after!). This company claims to use "natural" ingredients, and yet, this product contains Octinoxate 7%, Octisalate 4.5%!!! Those that live in Hawaii or Florida will not be able to wear this with out damaging the coral reefs -- allegedly. I also find it interesting that Octinoxate allegedly can cause cancer. (I personally don't believe it, but as a brand that donates to Cancer Causes, why include this ingredient - soooo stupid!). It also fades through out the day. As far as coverage goes - I got more coverage out of Physicians Formula #Insta something or another BB cream. This stuff is not worth the money.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age36-43