MAC Cosmetics Up For Everything Lash Mascara

MAC Cosmetics Up For Everything Lash Mascara

1 review

on 2/11/2019 2:32:00 AM

Delayed reviewing my so-far favourite mascara until I'd put it to the swimming test. And today, I put it WAY BEYOND the swimming test. No, not in a pool. I bleached my roots today, and went under the pelting showerhead (more rugged than mere water submergence/swimming for me) while SHAMPOOING my hair, with water and suds running down my face, then got out and applied toner to my hair and went back into shower, doing it all a second time. This did not budge or smudge. At all. (I was careful not to instinctively rub my eyes when the water hit my lashes, and instead patted with a towel just above and below to alleviate that water-sting.)

So yes, I would confidently wear this swimming. It makes my lashes noticeably thicker and longer. If I'm not careful, it can clump, so I make sure there's not too much "gloop" on the wand, AND I get out my COMPLETE CRAP WASTE OF MONEY Charlotte Tilbury eyebrow mascara spooly (which is no good for anything else) and quickly use that to separate any clumpy areas.

It removes easily with oil.

Like all MAC products, it isn't cheap, but it is worth it, because it's so far the best mascara for standing up to the insanely hot humid Queensland (Australian) Summer climate. For me, even in Winter, most mascaras (regardless of claiming to be waterproof) will smudge and run on me. And since these waterproof mascaras can be removed with oil, I won't wear anything with oil in it around my eyes (ie no oily primers, sunscreens, BB/CC creams or moisturisers). But even taking that precaution, almost all mascaras run on me. Except this one.

I will say I am pretty sensitive to light, and may blink a lot, and my eyes may water, so I really do need something super super waterproof to avoid being panda-bait. So that's the formula - MAC Up for Everything plus no oily stuff EVER near my eyes. I also try not to put anything oily on my forehead, because in hot weather, it seems to migrate, like a sweat waterfall.

Also, even though this mascara seems to add length and volume, I didn't end up with crazy brittle fibres falling into or irritating my eyes, as most mascaras that promise these results normally seem to do eventually. I could never go swimming with my Maybelline extra volume waterproof mascara, for instance, because those fibres would dislodge and drive me nuts.

For packaging, I gave a 4, but I don't give a crap about appearance of packaging, only it's functionality. The functionality was fine. Make-up is not a display item for me. It's there to do a job. If it does that job well, I'm happy.