64%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I just got this powder from Sephora and it's a great setting powder. I got this in one of the smaller "trial" sizes they have at the register and I think even the smaller size will last a very long time. The packaging is both luxurious and functional and has a really high-end feel to it. I also don't mind the vanilla scent. Normally I don't "bake" the undereye area but concealers don't seem to last on my oily skin, so I tried it with this product and a damp Beauty Blender and WOW. This really brightens the undereye area and best of all, my undereye concealer and the rest of my makeup lasted all day without smudging at all. I also applied this all over with a big powder brush and it gives a nice "blurring" effect and just made my skin look really fresh without being too luminous or shiny. For reference, I am NC13 and I got this in the shade "Butter." This does seem to cause a "tight" feeling sometimes so this probably wouldn't be great for dry skin. I'm very happy with this purchase and I will be getting the full size version once this one runs out.

About reviewer (321 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

9 months ago

This setting powder does a fantastic job of setting your makeup and keeping everything pretty matte for a long time. Before I used this, I was a dedicated fan of Kat Von D's lock it powder. In comparison, this powder provides fuller coverage and comes in 8 different colors. Most setting powders are a chalky white color that really doesn't do anyone any favors. But my favorite part is the inner cap that comes with the container to cover the powder holes so that you don't leave a mess in your makeup bag when your traveling. I am a huge fan of this powder and will re-purchase this.

About reviewer (343 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

I really enjoy this product. The amount you get for the price is a steal in regards to other luxury products on the market (KVD is 0.67 oz for 31$ and LM 1.0 oz for 39$). The powder does have a vanilla scent but I do not find it overbearing what so ever (nothing even comparable to Too Faced Peach Powder or Coty Airspun). This powder leaves me looking very airbrushed, and keeps my combo skin from looking anything other than matte (first 6 hours) to glowy/dewy (after 6 hours of wear). I wore this foundation from 7AM to 6PM and my foundation still looked nice before I took it off. I'd also like to add the holes in the which powder pours out of are the perfect size. I find many times the holes are too big and too much powder comes out when I tap other loose powder products into the lid, but with this product I can get the perfect amount every time. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!!!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 months ago

I love Rhiri a lot.And I m very pleased to see her make up line is a banger.Of course they are some meh products but its definitely not this fabulous powder Packaging:I m not usually sensitive to packaging. I m more interested in formula and performance But this powder look like a jewel!luxurious and modern at the same time. And the removable lid is pure genius Texture:the texture is soft and cloudy and very finely grounded Formula:it's talc based so if you dont like talc be aware. It contains squalane for hydration. My complain is the perfume. While it's an absolute delightful one(warm vanilla similar to Dior hypnotic poison)it's unnecessary !!Rhiri you're not huda cheap beauty.Dont add perfume to your items !!! The quantity is astronomical The powder is brightening , blurring and long lasting. Paired with foundation like smashbox studio skin or Lancome teint idole the result are fabulous Ditch your outdated and cakey Laura mercier people.This is a winner

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Tan

HairBrown

EyesOther

from

10 months ago

I got a sample of this in Cashew, and I love it. It's an excellent setting powder that lasts for hours on my cheeks without need of retouch. It does not last long on my nose. The color suits me perfectly, and I love the smooth finish. The main thing I'm not crazy about is the scent. This is highly perfumed. The smell is beautiful, and I would wear it as "perfume", but it drives me nuts when I can smell powder on my face. (Just a personal quirk - I LOVE Rihanna's perfumes, esp. Rebelle). This powder has musky-floral scent that is surprisingly heavy for makeup. Even though I'm 53, I find no settling or caking, etc. I guess my skin is still oily enough to need talc and silica in my powders. The cost of Pro Filtr is on par with Sephora sold makeup, but I'll stick with my Ulta Banana Powder. Corn starch does not break me out, and it lasts longer on my skin.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

1.0

a year ago

Sephora was giving this setting powder free with purchase. I was excited to try this from all the rave reviews. I selected the color Butter. It is a generous free sample. The container is pretty and I like the lid which means application easy. The scent of the product reminds me of Johnson and Johnson baby powder. The color Butter is a light yellowish color which is perfect for my skintone. This is a finely milled powder and no white cast with flash photography. This does slightly burn my face when first applied, then goes away, but returns when my natural oils come out. This does not keep me matte all day. At 5 hours, my face is oily and shiny and desperately needs to be blotted. This settles into fine lines under eyes and my laugh lines. It is not very flattering. After removing my makeup at the end of the day, my eyes and cheeks are irritated. It took 3 days for my skin to recover. I will not be purchasing this powder. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores pressed does better job on my under eyes and enlarged pores on my cheeks. Too Faced peach perfect powder on the rest of the face is better at keeping me matte.

About reviewer (265 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

a year ago

While I love Fenty Beauty (their concealers & foundations), I just think that this formula is not meant for people with dry skin. You can obviously make it work, especially if you are already using a very dewy/glowy base underneath it. But, I just don't like the feeling of tight skin whenever I use it. Even if I apply it sparingly and as little as possible. It looks amazing though, blurs my pores and perfects the look - yet underneath this beautiful canvas is skin that cries for help. Perhaps if you use a hydrating mist on top of it, that would do the trick, but I am not sure I have time for that. I have an entire article written just about various popular loose powders here for those of you interested (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/03/18/Testing-Bestselling-Powders-Concealers). Other than that, sadly I can't use this powder anymore and will be gifting it to a friend who has slightly more oily skin.

About reviewer (557 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

I had such high hopes for this powder, but back to Sephora it goes. I got the shade Butter, which matches me well especially since it is mostly translucent. On first application I liked the smooth finish it gave me, so I thought for sure it was going to be a keeper. The second day, I thought I felt some slight itching on my face but figured it was just my imagination. I wore it through my work day, washed it off at night, and in the morning I saw a couple of tiny pimple-looking spots, but didn't think much of it. Set my face with the powder once again, and off to work I went. Again, I felt my face was itchy. Well, the third morning upon waking up I couldn't deny it anymore: I had pimple-looking itchy welts on my face, and the only new product I had used was this powder. So, it's a no-go for me.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

So I have a few translucent powders: NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Powder in Medium/Deep, Hourglass Veil Translucent Powder. - I find the Laura Mercier powder slightly too yellow (for my liking) and I didn't feel that it kept the oils at bay when I've used it to set. - Even with a light hand, the NARS powder is simply too...white. At least on my complexion. Which leads me to believe that it isn't translucent to begin with. - While I love Hourglass powders (I have many of them), I find that the Veil Powder is better suited for drier skins. It looks beautiful, but after a few hours, I look greasy. I have to say that the Fenty Setting Powder is hands-down my favourite yet. I have this in Nutmeg, and it suits my complexion exactly. I can use this to set my concealer under my eyes and lightly dust all over my face to set my foundation. Even though I've not really liked setting foundations in the past (for fear of looking too powdery) and I've used my previous powders veeeeery lightly to set my concealer, I have been converted with the Fenty powder. It's very light on my skin and truly translucent. Nutmeg is slightly more neutral and therefore I don't look as orange. It makes my face really smooth and my pores tiny (compared to other powders). It's truly great, lasts all day and isn't even expensive. There's a slight scent to it (to pre-warn those with sensitive skin). I don't find it to be overpowering (and I hate fragrance in face products), but if scent is an issue for you, then I'd stay away. Overall (and for the price and how much you get in the product), this powder gets full marks from me. I actually think I have the potential to finish it and repurchase!

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

a year ago

Right now, I am using samples of this powder in both Lavender and Butter. For starters, you really get a ton of product for the price (as much as I love the Hourglass Veil Powder, it is much pricier) - the jars are huge and packed with powder. The tester jars at Sephora were a MESS and it was hard to open the containers without powder spilling everywhere but that's because the testers had been put out with the "locking" lids with which these powders are sold. I've not tried the Butter colour yet but I've been using the Lavender one and it really does give a bright and refreshed look to my face and it is really wonderful for setting my under-eye concealer. On my face, I've been using it even if I'm not wearing foundation because that brighter look it imparts is so nice and so natural - there is no dry, powdery or "flour-y" look at all. I am definitely going back this week to pick up the full size of this lovely product. I did, in fact, purchase the full size of this (it's a HUGE jar so really good value). As much as I like the generous amount of product, the packaging is just plain stupid, IMO. There is an inner "lid" to keep the powder from spilling everywhere if you travel or want to take this with you but it's a stupid, snap-in, plastic circle that is almost as mess to use and remove as not having a lid at all. I wish they'd used something similar to the locking lid on my Laura Mercier powder foundation or Bare Minerals powders - one that's built in and just turns into place. So, great product, good pricing but really dumb packaging.

About reviewer (1494 reviews)

Age56 & Over