L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Foundation

L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Foundation
Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Foundation

3.4

OCTINOXATE6.743250TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.5910 COSMETIC INGREDIENTS WATER, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL DENAT., TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PERLITE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, ISOPROPYL LAUROYL, SARCOSINATE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE,, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROGEN, DIMETHICONE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL, TETRAHYDROXYSTEARATE/TETRAISOSTEARATE, FRAGRANCE, SILICA SILYLATE, ACRYLONITRILE/METHYL METHACRYLATE/VINYLIDENE,,, CHLORIDE COPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SILICA, ISOBUTANE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BHT CITRONELLOL MAY CONTAIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE FIL CODE B224547/1

on 2/14/2019 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit:
Unfortunately, I am taking off 2 lippies. While this is an amazing foundation, I don’t recommend it if you have rosacea or sensitivity to alcohol. This looked amazing the first day, but after a few days of wearing this foundation, my combo rosacea prone skin is now, extremely dry. It also has a strong fragrance, so if you dislike fragrances in your foundation, not for you.
HOWEVER... if I do apply a drop of rosehip seed oil to this foundation, my skin does feel more comfortable. I believe it might be a better one for summer. If you have oily skin, you will love this foundation. I’m just not happy with alcohol being so high up on the ingredient list and I don’t like the feeling of it sucking the moisture out of my skin.

I’m in love with this foundation!
I’m in my mid30s, combo dry in the winter acne and rosacea prone.
This foundation smoothes my pores, has medium coverage, buildable to full, and seriously lasts all day!
I was afraid it was going to look too matte and cling to my dry patches like the 24h maybelline superstay, instead it has a natural finish and does not accentuate texture.
This foundation is still more on the matte side, but a comfortable natural matte.

As for the shades. I am NC20, but made the mistake to buy 430 ivory buff, which is too dark and seemed to oxidize a bit. However, it will be perfect for summer.
I then went back and was debating between 420 true beige, or 425 linen.
Although I prefer more of a yellow undertone, linen is a bit too yellow for me, so I finally went with 420, true beige. I’m so glad I did! The color match is perfect! It still has a yellow undertone but just looks more natural to me.

Definitely recommend

on 2/14/2019 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It blends easily and gives me great coverage. It lasts all day. It helps keeps my oiliness and pores in check. I will definitely buy this one again.

on 2/10/2019 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edited-- not for me. I have combo skin, but dry from BP gel that makes it shiny throughout the day. No matter how much of a moisturizer or hydrating primer I wear or mix with this or prep my skin, the denat. alcohol causes my skin to flake. I wore this for one day, and it wore well, looked ok, blurred a bit, but when I got home, parts of my face looked like the Sahara desert if my skin stretched just a little when I moved my face. Applied it again, mixed with my moisturizer and over a hydrating primer-- flakes. Just too dry for my skin.

I didnt think this had a smell, but it does. It smells like fragranced alcohol. Returning/donating.

on 1/23/2019 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Woww this is a true everyday, natural looking foundation. Slightly dewy almost natural but not drying. I like to apply this stuff with damped sponge. But brushes apply also as beautifully. This foundation sets really nicely, sometimes i really don’t need to use my powder. It stays all day, the only con is after 10 hours it can look like bit drying on my very dry t-zone. But other than that this foundation is bomb! Absolutely in my top 5 drugstore foundations. Very good option for dry skin if you want non drying but also not greasy foundation. Perfect in the middle foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Between MAC NC15 and NC20. I haven't tried the new MAC shades so for now, I'll continue to mix these two shades half and half. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-forties, some sun damage, and fine creases on my forehead which I get Botox for. I use Retin A once a week. I have dark red/brown hair and green eyes without any brown in them, almost blue. I feel like I have weird colouring which is why I sometimes struggle with finding a matching foundation shade.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ "Our Most Lightweight, Breathable Longwear. Be Unstoppable. Introducing our breakthrough longwear foundation with breathable-skin technology. Up to 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation provides medium-to-full buildable coverage that lasts all day and allows the skin to breathe. The formula's three oil absorbers resist sweat, water, and transfer. The ultra-thin liquid goes on smoothly to give a fresh, healthy-looking complexion that lasts. Color stays true and blends in evenly, so your makeup looks fresh all day. Non-comedogenic and formulated with SPF, this foundation is suitable for all skin types. In 30 shades for every skin tone."

PACKAGING~ Glass bottle with a pump.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Thin and runny liquid.

APPLICATION~ L'Oreal says to use a brush, fingers or beauty blender. I've only used a beauty blender so far and it works well.

FINISH~ I can't find which type of finish L'Oreal claims this has, which is odd but it's not dewy or matte, it's sort of satin and skinlike. It's a natural type finish, not overly matte or shiny. Bronzer, blush and highlight blend well.

COVERAGE~ One layer gives me a pretty solid medium coverage and it layers well.

STAYING POWER~ My skin is oily and this lasts on me. The real test is around the sides of nose where my pores are really large and many foundations just slough off and make me so greasy. This is still there at the end of the day, my skin is not greasy or even oily.

It is currently the dead of winter her in the BC, Canada interior so I can use a much larger range of foundation types, many I couldn't even think of wearing in the summer without them just melting off my face. But, I am still surprised that I can wear this all day for 12 hours without it getting oily given the reviews on YouTube. Oily YouTubers seem to hate it so, it just goes to show, if it's a product you can afford to try, go for it. No idea how it last for 24 hours, who wears foundation that long? I put a light dusting of MAC Studio Fix powder foundation (NC25) on top and another light layer of Maybelline Fit Me loose powder (10) and it lasts all day.

SCENT~ Hrm, what a terrible scent, oh my. Not a deal breaker though as it does fade.

SHADES ~ 30 shades! So great. The range still doesn't have one shade that matches me though ha but I usually have to mix to make my shade no matter the foundation. I can almost get away with Linen 425 but can achieve a much better match with a bit of Porcelain 405 mixed in. L'Oreal is great if you like yellow shades, even if you have to mix. They aren't orange or weird, just right.

OVERALL~ I do not get the negative reviews on YouTube, even on oily skinned peeps. This stuff is good. The finish is darn lovely, I'm thinking especially in the winter. My holy grail, Double Wear, can be a bit of overkill in the cold Canadian winter even though my skin is oily. I also like to save my $50 before tax foundation for events and special occasions so it's nice to have some less expensive options. I gave it a 4/5 instead of 5 because this scent, omg and chemical sunscreen is so unnecessary. We'll choose our own sunscreens, makeup companies, please listen! We don't want sunscreen in our foundation! Octinoxate irritates my eyes so I have to make sure it's farrrr away from that sensitive area.

It's NOT the alcohol or fragrance in this foundation causing you trouble. I've used alcohol containing foundation no problem, it's the darn chemical sunscreen that's exacerbating rosacea and other skin issues. I'm finding I can't wear this more than 2 days in a row without irritation around my eyes It's always Octinoxate that does this. Sadly, I'll have to take a lippy off, what a gd shame.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ OCTINOXATE 6.743250%
TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.5910% COSMETIC INGREDIENTS WATER, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL DENAT., TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PERLITE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, ISOPROPYL LAUROYL, SARCOSINATE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE,, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROGEN, DIMETHICONE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL, TETRAHYDROXYSTEARATE/TETRAISOSTEARATE, FRAGRANCE, SILICA SILYLATE, ACRYLONITRILE/METHYL METHACRYLATE/VINYLIDENE,,, CHLORIDE COPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SILICA, ISOBUTANE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BHT CITRONELLOL MAY CONTAIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE FIL CODE B224547/1