ColourPop Super Shock Shadow - Sequin

ColourPop Super Shock Shadow - Sequin
Super Shock Shadow - SequinSuper Shock Shadow - SequinSuper Shock Shadow - SequinSuper Shock Shadow - Sequin

1 review

on 1/12/2019 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sequin is a shimmery, metallic, glittery rose copper eyeshadow. I actually quite like the color, but it leans towards the orange spectrum that many are now a little tired of. Sequin is an Ultra Glitter formula, which means it has glitter. This glitter makes my eyelids look almost wet. Unlike some other Ultra glitters, for me, this one doesn't have fallout throughout the day, and I never use primer with it. However, if you want a similar color, but no glitter, Weenie is almost a color-dupe, but metallic. The texture is OK - easy to apply and spread, but wasn't one of those super-bouncy, watery textures. It might, of course, be that the pot of this that I got was slightly older.

Otherwise, I like the Super Shock Shadows, but find the packaging a little weird: the cream doesn't stick that well to the pan, so the pan has to be able to rotate inside the pot. Colourpop has made this possible to use a silicone-goo instead of glue. This silicone-goo has the texture of really thick lip gloss, and sometimes it will not hold the pan in place. In short: the packaging of Super Shock Shadows is a bit weird. Still, I like the SSS.

I have taken some pictures of this on my eyes, and hope they are helpful. I used Roulette SSS as liner. I'm about an NC20 right now.