Elcie Cosmetics JEWELS The Mauve Series Eyeshadow - Rubellite

Elcie Cosmetics JEWELS The Mauve Series Eyeshadow - Rubellite
JEWELS The Mauve Series Eyeshadow - Rubellite

1 review

on 1/12/2019 9:03:00 AM

Last year in Seoul I ran across the most beautiful metallic cream shadow from Chantecaille called Hematite. Chantecaille is expensive in the West, but in Asia, it’s even more so. So no matter how much I wanted, I just couldn’t bring myself to splurge on it, because for that price I could buy a whole quad of shades from my favorite Japanese brands. However, I couldn’t forget it. Over the holidays, I saw the Rubellite cream shadow from Elcie Cosmetics on sale on Beautybay, and since it reminded me so much of Chantecaille’s Hematite and the price was a lot more reasonable, I bought it. Rubellite is no exact dupe for Chantecaille’s Hematite, but it is a gorgeous, close enough shade nevertheless. And it is a gorgeous cream shadow in its own right. It is much more metallic than Chantecaille, but it is still forgiving on my mature lids. The color leans more purple than Chantecaille, but it’s still in that mink, taupe, grey range. You could wear it in the daytime, as a subtle smokey eye, or I also like to pop it on top of other shades, like the Honeymoon Quad from Tom Ford to add more shine and dimension. It is long lasting, even without primer, and it doesn’t crease at all.