Natasha Denona Camel Eyeshadow Palette

Natasha Denona Camel Eyeshadow Palette

1 review

Arrosto, Safari, Zand: Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Mica, Tin Oxide, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, (Iron Oxides). Dune: Mica, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tin Oxide, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides).Copper Stone:Mica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Talc, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Isododecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Tin Oxide, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77400 (Bronze Powder, Copper Powder), Ci 77491, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)

on 1/10/2019 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a five-pan eyeshadow palette. It's not Natasha Denona's most exciting palette, but it's probably the most wearable. It's appropriate for a day at the office, formal or casual settings, and natural looks.

Arrosto, a very dark brown, is great for the crease and outer V. It does not have an orange or reddish undertone, so it's quite neutral and I constantly reach for it even when I've started with another palette. Arrosto always blends beautifully for me. I like to use the Morphe M507 eye brush or Sonia G.'s Crease One brush to deepen my crease with Arrosto. Dune is ivory with a subtle shimmery finish, almost a satin. It's an excellent highlight shade to use under the arch of the brow or the inner corner of the eye. Safari is a cool-toned, almost olive camel beige. There is one metallic bronze shadow called Copper Stone. It can be slightly flaky when blending with a dry brush but if I wet my brush with MAC Fix + or use eye primer, it is lovely. It's not as intense as some of the metallic shades in her larger palettes, so Copper Stone requires a bit of building up. Lastly there is Zand, another camel beige. In the pan it looks like a dupe of Safari but Zand is noticeably warmer. Zand is one of my favorite transition shades. If I ever finish these shadows, I'm sure Zand will be the first.

The pans are Natasha Denona's standard size (not her mini size) and would fit into her Sunset, Gold, and Lila palettes if you wanted to depot and rearrange them. Sephora lists the size as 0.08 oz/ 2.26 g per shadow, and the price listed at the time of this review, January 10, 2019, is $48. If you already own a lot of neutral palettes like Tom Ford's Cocoa Mirage or Too Faced Chocolate Bar, you might not need another one, but this is a great size to throw in an overnight bag for short trips. This doesn't offer the same pizzazz as Natasha Denona's Gold palette, but I love the Camel palette and I probably would buy a replacement if I lost it.