Ecco Bella Bourbon Vanilla EDP

No Image

3.4

on 12/12/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a sweet vanilla scent with a deep warm note, as though a trace of brandy or something was added (although I know "Bourbon" refers to a place name, not a beverage). This is my go-to perfume, when I can afford to buy it. It has good staying power and the scent stays true.

on 1/20/2011 4:44:00 PM

The fragrance notes of this perfume are vanilla, cocoa, rose & jasmine. The rose & jasmine overpower the fragrance and it smells very 'old ' to me. The vanilla comes out slightly once it dries down, but barely. I do not like it at all and will be giving it away. It probably would have appealed to me if they stuck with just the cocoa & vanilla. It costs about $20 for an ounce. The spray bottle is also a little awkward as the lid tends to get stuck & I sometimes unwittingly unscrew it completely when trying to pry the lid off. Overall, a huge disappointment. From now on, I will be sticking with the 100% Pure Vanilla Bean, the best smelling vanilla that I have found to date.

why would they make the lotion so heavenly and this so off the mark? stick with l'aromarine vanille! a true vanilla...

on 1/31/2008 11:35:00 AM

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect vanilla - and this isn't it. Although I like the Ecco Bella vanilla lotion and shampoo, I just don't like the spray. It has a musky-ness added which is a little unpleasant. And it has a high alcohol content which makes it last for about a minute. :-( The search continues...

on 12/15/2006 5:01:00 PM

Yes, I agree with Ellizam. Bourbon Vanilla is so much better when augmented with a Vanilla perfume oil. Otherwise, it's much too smokey and harsh--nothing like Vanilla. I'm not sure what Bourbon Vanilla is supposed to smell like, but this Bourbon was so pungent it was not wearable. The bottle I bought was not completely full. I added Sunshine Spa Vanilla Perfume oil to the bottle to soften the scent. Less than 1/4 ounce is all that's needed, shake it up and you end up with a softer, but very long lasting, pleasing Vanilla that still retains some of the deeper notes from the Bourbon. Unique and very pretty!

Thanks for the great hint, Ellizam.

on 2/2/2005 1:05:00 PM

I'll admit, I AM the Great Perfume Disappearer. But this goes beyond my own personal chemical quirks. Ecco Bella barely exists. It arrives in a sort of herbal/alcohol haze. As the alcohol dries so, alas, does the fragrance. What is left is a faint herbal smell, not unpleasant but NOTHING like Bourbon Vanilla, a rich, smoky, bitter gorgeousness.

The good point to all of this? The bottle arrived less than full, and since it had almost no scent anyway, I topped it off with some Bigelow Vanilla Oil and now it is a pretty, smoky, respectable Bourbon Vanilla.

So, if you have some Bigelow Vanilla Oil around, by all means order Ecco Bella Bourbon Vanilla and augment, and you'll have a very nice Bourbon Vanilla Fragrance for not that much money.

on 1/12/2005 6:50:00 PM

I bought a bottle of “Savage Vanilla” Perfume on QVC about 7 years ago. I’ve been looking everywhere and cannot find it anymore. “Savage Vanilla” is made in France and claims, “three different vanillas (green, aromatic, & sweet) and then saturated with wild herbs.” I absolutely love this perfume.
I thought Ecco Bella’s Bourbon Vanilla EDP would be similar. It is not really similar, after all, but it does have a unique Vanilla scent – not too sweet – more deep & rich. I like this perfume and would purchase again.

on 12/14/2004 3:49:00 AM

As someone who generally can't stomach chocolate below 60% cocoa and prefers 75+, I heartily second the comment below. Have already repurchsed once. While I am disappointed with the lasting power given the price, this is still a favorite scent, and lasts longer on me layered with the vanilla lotion, which also softens the boozyness of it. Only recently re-discovered it when I bought the lotion again after running out a few months ago.

This smells like a very fine, aromatic, baker's alcohol-based vanilla extract rounded out with a touch of cocoa and beautiful flowers, but without the sugar candy addition that is found in, for example, CSP vanillas. Ecco Bella vanilla is to CSP vanilla what baker's chocolate is to a Milky Way. They are both great, but they are different. Personally, I love to eat baker's chocolate all by itself; it doesn't need sweetening. Either way, vanilla has been found to be universally liked because it is present in mothers' milk. And Ecco Bella Vanilla is a nice one, and a totally natural product, which is a big plus for me.

I think I have found my HG (non-foody) vanilla:) I really liked this the first time I tried it in Wild Oats Market, it is a really, REALLY woodsy vanilla, not to be confused with the more sugary vanillas out there. I wish it lasted longer, so I took off a lippie. I love it, though, and as another MUA'er put it, it's "nice and BOOZY!" ;)