3.0

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

This has an oily texture to it that I don’t love. I really like their water cream, the exfoliating face wash and the violet c mask, it really shocks me that this serum is so terrible. It feels filmy and greasy on your skin but extremely hydrating for the winter. I will need to search for something else after this is finished.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0

7 months ago

not happy. love japanese products and expected a lot from this serum. hate the texture- liquid and sticky on face and hands. i saw no improvement of any kind. would not recommend.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

10 months ago

I began using this on dry, dull winter skin and was really impressed with the results. Quick turnaround on texture, reducing rough patches and also redness. Longer term I have been pleased with overall skin clarity. It is also not sticky like other vitamin C serums I have tried with a minimal scent.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

I was really excited for the new TATCHA Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA to come out because I was very excited about the idea of combining my Vitamin C skincare step with my AHA/BHA skincare step. It looks like Tatcha sent out a lot of free bottles in exchange for reviews, just an FYI that I actually did purchase the product with my own money. I currently use a separate vitamin c serum in my evening routine and usually toward the beginning I use an AHA/ BHA serum. Unfortunately the level and amount of AHA's this includes isn't strong enough to replace my current aha serum. Although if you don't currently use, or use a very weak AHA this serum might be enough for you. I also PH tested this and found the PH level to be around 4.5-5ish, which is pretty high for an exfoliant, this is probably one of the reasons I found this to be so gently and only mildly exfoliaiting. The Vitamin C sources in this are pretty solid and reliable. A little bit of this serum goes a long way, but it is still pretty expensive at $88 for one ounce. Tatcha included four different citrus ingredients in this, orange, lemon, lime, and grapefruit. If you have sensitive skin (and others) you might have issues with the inclusion of those fragrance ingredients. I didn't have any issues but everyone's skin is different. I really wish Tatcha would have left out these four citrus fragrance ingredients. Otherwise this is a well packaged product, a little pricey, but effective. If you are interested my video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9aGps2NLUFI"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9aGps2NLUFI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29