Joico K Pak Smoothing Balm

No Image

3.8

Water (aqua), Polyquaternium 37, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, CyclopentaSiloxane, Decyl Oleate, Propoxytetramethyl Piperdinyl Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polyquaternium 11, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroloxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzophenone 4, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polyquaternium 59, Butylene Glycol, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Polyquaternium 46, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Fragrance (parfum), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (77491)

on 8/12/2017 3:14:00 PM

K-pak is my favorite hair product line. My initial review of this product was not good, but I decided to rewrite the review because after I stopped using the product my hair not as nice. I stopped using this because I didn't think it was doing anything and my hair seemed a bit dry on the ends. I was wrong!! I went back to using it and WOW my hair is smooth and shiny and helps with humidity, too. My only suggestion is this is a somewhat heavy product so I don't think you need to use a lot of it. Overall, I think it helps. I will continue to buy this product for the shine and smoothness it provides.

Small update: Yes, it does cut down drying time. I wish the tube was different.

on 12/4/2014 2:27:00 AM

Fabulous product if you are trying to achieve a smooth, soft, straight look. I was in need of a product that would fight against humidity when I go clubbing but also keep my hair moisturized for walking in the cold winter months. I found this at Winners for $12.50 before taxes in BC, Canada. At salons you'll find this hair balm for 20+! ...insane! Worth the try ladies and absolutely worth the price - and there's no need to use those sticky, oily serums anymore!

I'm picked this up at TJ Maxx for about $10. I'm rather impressed by it! It doesn't make my hair 100% silky, but I'm able to have more control over the cowlicks and little annoying nuances my hair has when it needs to be cut. It definitely makes things more manageable!

on 8/10/2014 2:03:00 AM

Didn't quite work out for me. It did make my hair extremely smooth and I also liked that it provided a nice amount of hold. But it left my hair too sticky and dry, and I just hated the way it felt.

For reference I have hair that is thick, dry, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some kind of leave-in product before blow drying. I had high hopes for this one because I really like Joico's products.

But this wasn't for me- wouldn't repurchase.

I'm that girl at the salon with hair so big so frizzy and so dry that everyone stairs at after a blow dry. I naturally have horrible hair always have but this product does wonders to it. I use this before i blow dry my hair and it looks like i used a flat iron to straighten my it. I love it, the only thing i hate about it is that I didn't find it any sooner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found this smoothing balm at Winners for about $12 and because I was using the K-Pak treatment as well as shampoo and conditioner I thought I would give it a try. I use it on my wet wavy hair before I blow dry and I love it! Def helps with a smoother blow dry process and it really does keep my hair soft. If you can find it at a Winners I would say do that because at Drug Stores I found it to be rather expensive

on 8/28/2010 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I apply it when my hair is almost dry to probably the bottom 12-14 inches of hair. Be warned, a little goes a long way and too much will weigh down the hair and make it feel greasy. However, I do love how this smoothes my hair and leaves it looking much less unruly as I don't like to straighten it, but do like it smooth out any kinks. One down-side to this product is the packaging- the upside down bottle does not combine well with the runny liquid inside and can get quite messy. Nonetheless i would definitely repurchase.

on 7/21/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair are thin and not terribly frizzy or anything, so I thought that this product would banish the frizz completly. Well... it does nothing. Or close. I use it before brushing and my hair detangles slightly better,but not as good as after gliss kur. Frizz is maybe slighty smaller and if I use too much product I loose all the volume. Really, nothing special and for this money it should be at least ok.

on 3/8/2011 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not so sure about this product.. I hate the fact that it leaves my palms shimmery, almost "twilight" esque.. And no matter how little I use I always feel like it greases up my hair.. On that note, I still think it works.. in some way! Will not repurchase though

on 10/2/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I began using this and I absoloutely love it! It makes my hair feel and look like Kim Kardashians. My hair is naturally thin and straight/wavy, this products keeps it dtraight and smooth. AMAZING! I will be repurchasing!