Tarte Cosmetics Tartiest PRO Remix PRO Palette

Tarte Cosmetics Tartiest PRO Remix PRO Palette

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am loving this colourful new release from Tarte! As a big of their neutral Tartelette palettes, I was excited to finally play with their latest family member - Tarteist Pro Remix.

Now, you only get three mattes here, but these are some very needed mattes in every palette (bone colour, transition colour and pure black). When you just look at the colours, you do not get that excited - but it all changes as soon as you actually start using it. These tones are so well formulated, there was practically no fallout and these shades blend into each other perfectly. You can layer them as much as you want and I am really into the green, red and purple here.

I have unedited swatches and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/03/04/Tarteist-PRO-Remix-Eyeshadow-Palette-Review) hope it helps!

on 12/14/2018 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as soon as it arrived at Sephora in my city; I'd been waiting for it for weeks, since seeing it on Temptalia's blog. This is a follow-up to an earlier Tartiest PRO palette and like the earlier one, it contains 20 shadows. There are 3 matte shades (a beige, a light brown and a black) in this; the others are shimmery or pearly or outright glittery and the colours run the gamut from neutral to bright to deep and dark with a balanced assortment of warm and cool shades. There is a reddish shade called Graffiti and as much as I tend to avoid red shadows (they give me the "allergic reaction" look), this is actually a flattering shade that I can wear in the middle of my mobile lid with good effect. As I've said in many of my reviews, I'm well past the age where someone has decreed that women should avoid shimmer but I say "to heck with that". The sheen of these shadows is gorgeous; the texture creamy smooth and I've experienced little to no fallout with any of the shades. Quality and texture-wise, they are very much like Tarte's metallic singles, which are also fantastic. For me, the only disappointment is Mash-up, a magenta shimmer; it's the one shade I probably will never wear because I find it unflattering, but one dud in a palette of total winners isn't too bad. In spite of there being only 3 matte shades, I find I can use this palette entirely on its own, without having to bring in any other shadow singles or palettes.

Apologies - I think I misspelled the name of this - it's "Tarteist" rather than "Tartiest" (the whole mouthful of a name is rather silly in any case!)