China Glaze Grinchworthy

Grinchworthy

4.7

on 3/19/2019 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Grinchworthy is from the china glaze Christmas collection, but i think its true calling is as the ultimate St Patrick's Day party green.

This is a full coverage glitterbomb polish. You will get the sponged on glitter look with 2 regular coats. Another reviewer says it's a green jelly but my impression was that it's a clear jelly and all the color is entirely glitter payoff.

There is a mixture of green and gold glitter. And it dries fairly textured which I really enjoy for such a sparkly polish. Of course you could smooth that out with top coat.

For me this was totally opaque in 2 coats. I would be very careful to clean the mouth of the bottle after so that you have a good airtight seal.

Good luck getting it off though....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Grinchworthy is from the holiday 2018 The Grinch 8-piece collection, which is still fairly easy to find in some physical stores & is on most online retailers. It is a cheery apple green jelly formula base, that is full of varying green shades of microglitter. There's so much microglitter piled in, that the polish dries slightly textured, which doesn't bother me personally - a good-quality topcoat smooths everything out, anyway.

The formula feels neither too thick or too thin - it's right in the middle for me.The first coat does tend to be a bit patchy, as the amount of glitter can make it tricky to get the first coat down smoothly. Full coverage and a smooth & even finish varies between two and three coats, but the formula dries quickly so it doesn't seem like too much time and effort is being wasted on it - two coats is mostly passable as the glitters reflect the light away from the surface, but a close-up inspection reveals a bit of nail line peeking through the jelly base. As there is so much microglitter in the base, removal is a bit of a pain. I'm useless with wear-time; in general nail polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.

on 12/4/2018 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Grinchworthy is from China Glaze’s Holiday Collection 2018/The Grinch. I purchased this polish in a mini and I love it so much I am considering getting a full size bottle.

This is a lovely and sparkling green polish. It has some micro gold flakes as well as hints of blue and green. It applies smoothly and evenly with not skipping or pulling. The formula is great. There is no running or pooling. The micro flakes spread evenly without any manipulation.

Removal was easy and there was no staining. I used a peel off base coat so that aided in the removal easy. Because of the peel off base coat I can’t attest to the wear.

This comes packaged in a mini China Glaze bottle. For the size of the bottle the brush was good and application easy with the brush. This packaging is extra cute as each bottles cap as the Grinch in two different poses.

I bought the mini set of these polishes and the price was around $14 on eBay. They are well worth the cost. Grinchworthy is so sparkles and pretty - perfect for the holidays or any time of the year. I would definitely repurchase and might buy a back up.