2.1

price range

Reviews

1.0

20 days ago

Cheap drugstore moisturiser, strongly smells like no brand "Aloe"scented family size lotion and doesn't moisturize very well either. With this product I wake up with dull dry skin that lacks its usual "glow", and makes my skin itch slightly. I wouldn't be surprised if the company did take some random cheap stuff and dump it in a cute pot at 100x the price. Hubby doesn't like it either and he'll use anything.

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 months ago

This product is not bad, but it’s not great either. In fact it is decidedly average. The Avocado Melt Mask is an overnight mask, simply apply a thick layer of it in place of your night cream, and it will absorb into the skin while you sleep. It moisturises you skin overnight. When I wake up my skin does feel moisturiser, but not particularly plump or glowy or radiant. This just acts like a normal, drugstore level moisturiser honestly. It’s overpriced for what it is. I wouldn’t recommend going out and paying for this product, but like I said, it’s not a bad product and I would use it up if someone gifted it to me.

About reviewer (740 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 months ago

All I can say is... “Meh”. This product is over priced to triple times of it’s value. I mean, it’s cute. It smells okay. But it acts like a $5 moisturiser from a drug store. I’m happy to finish it up. But can guarantee you that I will not purchase this again. Money better spent elsewhere.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

I was so excited to try this! I have dry, sensitive skin, and I love avocado and sleeping masks. Unfortunately, this was pretty forgettable. Unlike Glow Recipe's Watermelon mask, it didn't irritate my skin, but be aware that the fragrance in this is strong, so I can imagine it could irritate some. I would never have identified it as avocado, either - it's sort of a fresh smell, maybe aloe and something else. Anyway, as for the product, it's pretty thin (although thicker than the watermelon one) and goes on feeling rather cool and liquidy. Not greasy, but also not terribly soothing or moisturizing. Results in the morning aren't really perceptible. Not awful but not worth any money. I used mine up but won't repurchase.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

3.0
from

a year ago

Wanted to love this so much but I simply can't. Love the product at first sight with its great smell and cute packaging but...I have dry sensitive skin and this sleeping mask does not seem to have the intense moisturizing effect my skin needs. It also does not have cooling effect like other sleeping masks I've used. And it's twice the price of laneige sleeping mask. so obviously I was rather disappointed - should have saved the money to buy avocado and nourish my skin and body from within instead.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

a year ago

Meh, not as good as Laneige Sleeping Mask. Note that this is a basic moisturiser, there are no treatment ingredients. It absorbs well and no balling but its nothing special. I felt the Sulwhasoo Vitalizing Overnight Mask is much better (basically the same price, I buy from Bonjour HK) since I can see visible skin improvement. This is a fun brand so I will finish it but won't repurchase, perhaps the younger market may like it more than someone seeking to use anti-ageing products. I feel social media gives this more credit than what it truly performs to and its advertising budget gives the impression that its the best thing out there when its not. Its decent for normal hydration but that's about it.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

I was anticipated the next product that Glow Recipe would release, I enjoy their fruit themed products just as their Blueberry Cleanser and Watermelon Moisturizers. The first thing I noticed about the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask is the scent from when I opened it. This has a strong floral scent that does dissipate within the first hour of use. If you have very sensitive skin or are sensitive to scents I wouldn't recommend this mask. I've been using this as a sleeping mask at the end of my skincare routine and it does add a little moisture to skin, nothing overwhelming or HG status, but it is a nice mask with lots of different beneficial ingredients. My video review can be seen here: https://youtu.be/ymoRQMv_ckk

About reviewer (704 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure