3.0

3.0
Created with Sketch.
from

a year ago

Of all the high-protectant body sunscreens in La Roche-Posay's line-up, this is by far my favourite. Despite what the name might make you think, this is not JUST for children. It is a fantastic sunscreen for active adults who need something more tenacious than an everyday Japanese sunscreen for prolonged exposure to the sun. This is the most cosmetically elegant body sunscreen in LRP's line-up. It is a light viscous liquid that is just slightly thick. It spreads beautifully and sinks in quite nicely. The Dermo-Pediatrics spray doesn't have a PPD as high as some of LRP's other body sunscreens, which go up to 35 or so, but 25 is still good enough (it's PA++++ on the Japanese UVA scale). It comes in a 125ml continuous spray format ("multi-position spray") and a 200ml standard spray format. They are both roughly the same price, which makes the 200ml far more economical. I still prefer splurging on the 125ml because the continuous spray makes it a breeze to apply and re-apply. The 200ml spray bottle requires multiple spritzes (ugh) to dispense enough product; with the 125ml continuous spray, all you need to do is press and hold until enough product is dispensed. Keep in mind that the 125ml is NOT a true aerosol, despite what the website says; it is housed in an aerosol-like bottle, but it does not have any propellants (like butane) in it. This is a wholly chemical sunscreen with 6 filters (Octisalate, Tinosorb S, Mexoryl XL, Avobenzone, Uvinul T 150, Mexoryl SX). It has a very simple and bare-bones silicone-free formulation with water, alcohol, glycerin, and a minimal list of film-formers. As with most of LRP's Anthelios range, this has the Mexoplex combination (Mexoryl SX + XL and Tinosorb S), so you'll be getting comprehensive, photostable protection against UVA-I and II. Perhaps most importantly, this sunscreen is FRAGRANCE-FREE. The other LRP Anthelios spray that's SPF50+ and 200ml (from the XL line) has a cloying perfume in it that I absolutely detest. The regular XL spray is also more 'filmy' and less spreadable, because it has more filters and a longer list of ingredients. I would stick to a more watery Japanese sunscreen for everyday incidental exposure, but this is my go-to for sports, swimming, and prolonged exposure. Edit: I am downgrading my rating from 5 to 3 stars. While everything I have said about this sunscreen's tenacity and cosmetic elegance continues to hold true, there is a flaw that I have come to notice with continual usage, which is one that I failed to account for in my initial review. This sunscreen has a tendency to flake off your skin if you apply it very generously. The odds of this happening are higher if you have dry skin. It is nonetheless a generally cosmetically elegant sunscreen for use on the body, but I shall not repurchase it because of the flaking. I much prefer the Anessa, which I have reviewed on MakeupAlley.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24