Matrix Matrix Biolage Advanced RepairInside Hyperdose Concentrate

1 review

Hyperdose concentrate is part of the hyperdose series that claims to strengthen and condition/smooth severely damaged hair. The series claims to repair hair strength up to 75% after one use - if the shampoo, conditioner, concentrate and leave-in are used together. The concentrate boasts soy and arginine and is for professional use only. I used this at home, leaving it on my hair overnight. No advisable as a routine of course, as this can cause build-up quickly.

I have thick but terribly fatigued, overprocessed hair. My hair loves strengthening protein treatments and my favorites are actually Aphogee Two-Step and Redken CAT. Both these give tangible, reliable, excellent results in terms of strengthening but are difficult to find in my country now. I also benefit greatly from liquid keratin that comes at a fraction of the cost of brandnames and is quite time-consuming. So I often try new products that will maintain the effects with simpler steps.

Enter Matrix Hyperdose. This is a lighter, lotion-like product with conditioning benefits as well. Basically, I can use this after a clarifying shampoo, try to activate it with heat and go to bed when my hair is dry. Next day, I don't even have to wash my hair, it looks and feels soft, almost styled and even a bit shiny. My hair feels a bit coated -obviously, as I haven't rinsed off the product but it is nothing more than a silicone-heavy mask.

The overall effect really pleases me, with my some badly damaged bits really calmed - those bits only scissors can "cure" actually. My hair has good volume, feels pampered and I am given a good hair day. However, the product is better in terms of conditioning and the overall effect than helping with that spaghetti hair thing - when wet hair has lost elasticity and doesn't want to return to its original state when stretched. I prefer stronger proteins that can give that result.

I think this may be a good product for hair that needs less protein than mine. And it is certainly good at boosting the morale when one is left with scary hair after small-scale accidents. I prefer it to Schwarzkopf's repair-rescue series for instance.

I can certainly re-buy it in the future but mainly for conditioning effects. Therefore, I don't think the shampoo and the rest are very necessary for me. The small concentrate does the job.

3 for strengthening though.