3.7

$7.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

For me this is just an average mascara. I bought it in purple but on my dark lashes, the tint is barely visible - with a primer and 3 layers... I'm actually using it on days when I wear minimal makeup as this doesn't add much volume or length even with multiple layers. It washes off easily which is a big plus for me. I won't buy it again though.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairGrey, Straight, Medium

from

3 months ago

I have super oily eyelids, so I can only use tubing mascara or I end up looking like a racoon. This is a pretty nice mascara, doesn't smudge, buildable, not clumpy and won't break the bank. I love the purple color, and the cobalt blue can be fun too. It removes easily with makeup remover, doesn't come out in tubes like Blinc or Loreal's. Unfortunately, it is not as waterproof as either of those, so I can't wear it in Canadian winter (my eyes water a lot when it is very cold, and I spend decent time outdoors walking my dog). I will repurchase every summer.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

5 months ago

COLOR: I got it in the dark purple shade called "black cherry". My lashes are black and the tint was not obvious on my lashes but it is definitely way more subtle than a black mascara. If you have blonde or light colored lashes the deep purple color might show up on you. PERFORMANCE: It takes a lot of layering to see any effects from this mascara on my medium length sparse lashes. It gives separation and a bit of length. It is definitely not a volumising mascara for me. It is though easy to layer over and over without giving you clumpy/spidery lashes. It holds a curl-which not many mascaras do-, doesn't smudge on my super oily lids and it's not hard to remove with a oil based make up remover. My top mascara is the lash sensational from Maybelline but I'm so pleased with the fact that this mascara holds a curl and doesn't smudge. The lash sensational doesn't smudge on me neither, it does it all but it's more intense especially in the blackest black shade that I personally own. If your biggest issue is smudging, and having a mascara that holds a curl and you also want an easy everyday mascara that does the job but it's not like fake lashes you will probably enjoy this! If you like more the fake lashes effect I would recommend the lash sensational.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBrown

6 months ago

Great tubing mascara from the drugstore. Purchased from SDM for under $10.00 Cdn. *looks like a natural tint *grabs and colours every lash without clumping *does not smudge, even bottom lashes *removes easily with water and light pressure *costs less than other tubing mascaras such as Binc (heavy water formula) and Clinique Cons does not lengthen or add volume. Tubing mascaras just don't. **will buy again. I had Black Cherry but want to try another colour. Repurchased Black - Npv 2019

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago

I noted I'd buy this again, but I'd like to add that it'd have to be on sale or with a coupon. I happened to have a $4 coupon at CVS when I bought it, so I picked up a tube of the brown. So far I like it. I don't love it -- I haven't applied and felt like I'm ready for a mascara commercial, but it's pretty good. The brown is less impactful than black, obviously, but it does give me decent length. Essence's Lash Princess does more for me than the Snapscara, but it's still good. It doesn't irritate me when I wear my contacts, and I'd feared it'd get runny at the gym, but so far that's not been an issue. Maybe on a super-hot day when I sweat buckets it might run, but so far, so good. It washes off easily, too. I've only used a balm to wash my face, and rubbed this around my eyes, but it removes easily. Not like some other formulas by other brands where I swear I'm going to have to rub my lashes off to get them clean. Overall it's a good mascara. Great? Maybe, but I'm going to let it idle at good. I like that it washes off fairly easily and doesn't seem to run easily either. Plus, that they have some fun color options like burgundy, purple and blue is a plus. I don't know if it's work $8 or $9 but when it's on sale and I want something a bit different, sure.

About reviewer (366 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

6 months ago

This is really pretty. Separates, lengthens and adds volume to the lashes but if you want a lot of volume then you will need to layer it. Isn't too heavy but is surprisingly difficult to remove for a washable mascara. Is also a little messy at first because it is a very wet formula but once it dries it isn't going anywhere. The tube is really ugly with all the eyes stamped everywhere but the product itself is really good quality

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

8 months ago

IF this is a "'tubing" mascara I would never know except that it extends all the way to the end of my own eyelashes, (a good thing,) which few mascara do except for fiber mascaras. It does not clump up (into balls) and you can layer it; it is dependable with no crazy mascara tricks of looking weird after a few coats. It will separate easily (I use a pin) if lashes are stuck together as it isn't hard and sticky...It is not the best for big volume/thickness but the natural look it provides is worth it. Sometimes 'volume" mascaras only mean that they stick your eyelashes all together!! LOl. This doesn't do that. After difficulty removing so many waterproof mascaras (with waterproof removers) I am hoping that I will switch to Snapscara . Have lost too many lashes to WP formulas...Good luck! Edit: I think this mascara is underrated; I can use 4 coats of this stuff for volume and it doesn't bead up or clump!! It's a volume star, but not so much a lengthening mascara. A very good mascara ,IMHO, impressive.....

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

9 months ago

This mascara is a nice surprise. NB: I can only use tubing mascaras. Anything else is huge smudge on me and IMpossible. And this is a tubing mascara. It stayed on all day when I tried it the first time yesterday and was SO easy to remove. I'm used to tubing mascaras having small brushes easy to control, but this brush is big but quite easy to use. NO CLUMPING, but naturally full, long and separated lashes. And it's so cheap. I love this. Only thing is - the packaging is in all ways ugly, but top quality anyways.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

9 months ago

I bought this mascara in the blue shade to complement my light blue eyes. As with all Maybelline eye products, this does not irritate my eyes, the skin around my eyes or cause massive loss of eyelashes. In short, Maybelline mascara is the only brand I can use. This mascara stays on well but even better if I layer it over top of their Define-A-Lash mascara. I’m very pleased and highly recommend this. The blue color it produces looks awesome on blue eyes imo!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

9 months ago

im horrible for losing things like mascara, lipliner, etc and i lost my old mascara that i love or my sister stole it again without telling so i got this to replace it. this is a cute mascara, i got it in the shade Pitch Black. it made my lashes look very long and thin, did add some volume but not too much.this mascara gave a wispy look to my lashes super long, feathery and lightweight. it was a little messy to apply especially to my bottom lashes because it is a liquid formula but was easy to brush off the skin when it dried. it didnt clump at all when i was applying or when i was wearing it. i didnt have issues with it making my lashes droop, they kept their shape. it does stay for a good amount of time unless it gets wet somehow then it will come off. it didnt flake off throughout the day which is good as i dont like looking like a raccoon, it has very good pigment. i like the shape of the wand made applying a lot easier especially for the hard to get lashes. its super easy to remove and i appreciate that because i hate trying to take off mascara as it can be a pain to do. i liked how it looked and preformed for me its just im not sure if its my favourite mascara but i do think it is pretty. i will continue to play with it to see how i feel. i do recommend this if you like a more feathery look to your lashes

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age19-24