Maybelline New York SNAPSCARA Washable Mascara

3.8

on 2/6/2019 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Bought this in Black Cherry and Ultra Violet thinking they would enhance my hazel eyes. Nope. Black Cherry applies black on me and Violet is a dull, barely seen muted purple. I got no volume, no length and looks like I have no mascara on. Even with one coat. Two coats, still nothing. I like the brush, tho. Well, I got some L'oreal's colored mascara, the blue and the burgundy handy and using the Snapscara as a topper shows the colors more. Black Cherry on the burgundy shows a teeny bit of red but still blackish on me and on the cobalt blue one shows up as a pretty blueish purple. Been using these mascaras as toppers only. Won't repurchase.

on 2/6/2019 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this in black cherry for a change other than black, thinking it would enhance my green eyes. Once applied, it looks brown, or like a faded black. No volume, not lengthening, and does not keep the curl. My lashes look straighter with this mascara on than without! Not to mention that they actually did look clumpy with 2 coats.

on 1/24/2019 3:21:00 AM

This isn’t bad! I used the tubing mascara by Clinique prior to this and wanted a new one at a drugstore price and this is it. This washes off very easily with warm water. HOWEVER, it does smudge a little if the under eye area isn’t powdered. It also flakes if you touch your lashes. Lastly, I do find that the thicker end of the brush is a little too big compared to the rest of the brush and makes it a little difficult to apply.

What I’ve found is if I use another mascara (covergirl for me) to “prime” my lashes, this will stay on without smudging or flaking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HG status! I agree with the reviewer who said this is like Glossier Lash Slick but better. It is buildable and gives more volume. I always get raccoon eyes from mascara but this one doesn’t budge and stays all day! It removes easily with warm water so no more tugging at my eye area. Plus, the packaging is adorable. You don’t have to settle for ugly packaging with this one as you normally do at the drugstore!

on 1/19/2019 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I thought this was supposed to be a tubing mascara, which is the only reason I tried it. Tubing mascaras to me = minimal (or no?) smudging or flaking. Maybelline Snapscara in Pitch Black flakes *horribly* on me. I'm on Day 5 or 6 of daily wear (I wanted to give it at least a few tries after the first day) and this has happened every day. I haven't written a product review in years, but I just stopped everything I was doing right now to write this one -- because I am so frustrated with this product. The flaking starts in the morning and continues throughout the day. TONS of flakes under both eyes.

I added a star because the mascara applies fairly easily. It does clump, but not nearly as badly as some others, and it's wet enough that the existing clumps are pretty easy to correct.

I wasn't a fan of the packaging, since I find square mascara tubes are easy to drop.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing. =)

I am a polymer (tubing) mascara only user. I work outside and sweat heavily in the summer so it has to STAY!! I have used almost every tubing mascara there is: Fiberwig, Miranesse, blinc (both formulas), Thrive, Clinique (Lash power & Fit), Boots No 7, Estée Lauder Double Wear, Revlon Double Extend, along with a couple of other cheapies that have come along. I would love to change something about everyone one of them. The one I’ve used the most & go back to is Boots no7 Stay Perfect....then they quit stocking it in Target. 😩 I’m looking for something I don’t have to online order, which is the issue with the first 4 on the list, so this highly disappointed me. (Blinc is now at Sephora) The thing to remember about a good tubing mascara is USUALLY they do not layer. One coat is good....& get it where you want it because when it dries...That’s it!! Stay Perfect is a prime example. You can’t even go back with an eyelash curler or it will break the bond in your tubes. You can, if you barley squeeze down on the curler. But Stay Perfect does it’s job. It dries QUICKLY!! Get it in place fast and it stays until you shower. It may lose some shape if I am sweating heavily....but it’s still on there. Snapscara is a little different. It’s almost a gel mascara/tubing combined. I usually don’t like gel mascaras because they seem to never “dry”. They always feel a little mushy...even hours after you put it on. This one is somewhat that way....but then it dries. You CAN curl after application but remember you are breaking the tube attachment. Be soft. Also, you CAN layer this one. One coat is natural. I curl softly, use a spooly to clean up if needed, then reapply. I see better length that way. It comes of completely clean!! No rubbing or tugging. That’s why I don’t use waterproof. I do more clean up of residue than getting it off my lashes. Snapscara is worth a try to see if it’s right for you. If you like polymer(tubing) mascara you’ll be pleasantly surprised at its ease of use. If you’re used to traditional mascara...this one could convert you. Don’t try to use a makeup remover though. If you are using wipes, use the remover wipe on your face, lips & brows...then run the wipe under warm water and lay it over the lashes for a several seconds. Then just wipe normally. The remover wipe alone will not take the mascara off. Remember you can always buy a tube of fibers if you choose to make any mascara a fiber combo. Milani sells a tube of fibers and WetNWild sells a combo pack with mascara. It’s cheap, so worth an experiment. Be careful with those things. A little goes a long way or you’ll have them everywhere. Even in your eyeballs.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the blue shade (black cherry and regular black were both unavailable) and the color isn’t nearly as shocking on the lashes as you might fear/hope for. I do have blue/green eyes so it works for me quite well. I love the shape of the wand, I really like the way the blue shade makes my eyes look open and bright. In Canada it has been so hard to find a drugstore/reasonably priced tubing mascara. For the longest time it was L’Oreal Double Extend and Revlon MegaMultiplier but now we finally have more options with the Snapscara and also CoverGirl’s Professional Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara. As far as this one goes, I am quite happy with the performance, no flaking or smudging - which is what you expect from a tubing mascara - and it is super easy to remove. It’s a good natural looking mascara but with enough definition to make a difference.

on 12/4/2018 12:19:00 AM

My new HG mascara. It’s like Glossier Lash slick but builds a lot more effectively. It’s not as dramatic as some but it’s an every day mascara that does not even do so much as flake—but when you’re ready to take it off, you barely have to rub. But make sure you’re using nice warm water and an eye-friendly cleanser of some sort like CeraVe, Fresh, or Paula’s Choice, etc

on 11/14/2018 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I got mine off of Amazon (with Prime shipping) since local stores were taking their sweet time stocking it on shelves.
------

Looks like I'm the first reviewer. I didn't have much faith in Maybelline's attempt at jumping on the tubing mascara band wagon...but I'm so glad they did. For reference I have very oily skin. It removes even waterproof formulas within hours. To add insult to injury, my eyes are like my skin (ridiculously sensitive). I've tried a ton of tubing mascaras and will never go back to traditional washable/waterproof formulas.

This should go without saying but for any of you newbies out there - this is a tubing formula because it only removes with warm water. Sadly, some people find the concept difficult. My best advice is run your fingers under very warm water and pinch your lashes until you feel the tubes "dissolve" off your lashes. I promise that if you do this properly, you will not lose any lashes. I find removing traditional mascara even with oil or make up remover to be much more damaging.

Okay so as far as performance goes - this is more on the natural side. It gives more length than volume. I ordered all 4 shades and only liked the Pitch Black as the unnatural shades are a little bit dull. That is simply a personal preference, your taste may vary. I love the wand for this mascara. It's curved, which I typically HATE. But this one somehow reaches every lash. The formula of Snapscara is really smooth and a little bit wetter than a lot of the others on the market.

This has a TINY bit of fragrance to it but NOWHERE as bad as other drugstore options. That's what I love about this formula, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

The packaging is really cute and the price is right.

I will definitely repurchase.