Maybelline New York SNAPSCARA Washable Mascara

Maybelline New York SNAPSCARA Washable Mascara

3.7

on 3/18/2019 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

10 stars if I could!!! ** My NEW favorite mascara of all time ** I have always had good luck with Maybelline mascaras, and Stiletto was my HG for over a decade. I tried this one and it blew me away! Goodbye Stiletto; HELLOOOOO Snapscara! Now when I use Stiletto, I feel like it is not doing anything for my lashes for some strange reason. Snapscara adds length & volume instantly- without clumping- better than *any* mascara I have ever used to date! Oh, sure! I have had those few mascaras that were magical right out of the box, so to speak... but after a few uses, they always evolve into clumpy messes for me for some reason. It has been so disappointing, especially from the high-end brands. Snapscara came out around the same time as the new one by L'Oreal (Unlimited), and I like them both. But I am not going to lie, I prefer Snapscara over the L'Oreal Unlimited. Both are good quality, but Snapscara is cheaper and performs better on my lashes. I find it weird that mascaras do not perform the same on all people's lashes; but they don't, so YMMV with this one- as with any other. I happen to love it and wanted to give it the stellar review that I feel it deserves, though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mascara & this is coming from someone who has NEVER liked any of Maybelline’s mascara offerings. Not a one. Their regular formulas always smudged or were just disappointing.

Snapscara, I LOVE. I’ve found the formula to be smooth & creamy, it goes on well & doesn’t dry rock hard. Removal is super easy, no raccoon eyes. I will say if you plan to do more than one coat, apply, comb & then do another coat, do not wait. If you’re going to curl, curl beforehand not after. I have bought & used pitch black & black cherry, I love them both.

I love & used to use Clinique Lash Power but found the brush frustratingly small, you could layer & build with it, it just took forever. Then the released Laah Power flutter type formula, with a bigger, fuller brush & I loved it. It was not a mascara that you could “extend the life of” past the usual 2-3 month use by window...after about 2-3 months of daily use, the formula would start to clump up on the brush. But since you should replace mascara every 3 months anyway it’s no big deal. Clinique discontinued it. Then they can out with Lash Power Flutter-to-Full, the silver tube with the dial that controlled how much went on the brush? Bigger brush, great concept...loved it & they DISCONTINUED IT.

I’m a little put out with Clinique over this so I went searching for a new tubing mascara & found this one. It doesn’t give the volume flutter to full did without work but it can be done. Just requires a few more steps. I like the packaging, the formula and the colors available. I love the price point. There’s been lots of innovation among the mass brands, L’oreal, Rimmel, Revlon, Almay, Hard Candy, Physicians Formula...Nyx & a few of these brands have started hiking up prices to the point of ridiculous. Maybelline has released a lot of cool products and their price point has stayed really affordable. I love their mini-city eye palettes & brow products. The Matte Bar was fun too. All well under $10 a pop. Cheap enough to experiment with & not be put out if it’s a miss rather than a score.

They scored with Snapscara. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 3/17/2019 2:10:00 AM

Surprisingly good! The tree shaped traditional bristle brush reaches every little lash and had a noticeable fanning effect. My lashes stayed long and tall all day! I did my normal two coats and then opted for three to push it, and not a clump in sight. It’s a thin formula but it’s very stretchy and builds elegantly.
The package design is kind of 80’s which is fluffy and cute but the formula is actually very polished. Black Cherry is a soft semi glossy black with a *miniscule* hint of cherry. I prefer brown mascaras so I liked it a lot. Removes super easily with soap and water. I normally reach for L’Oréal Voluminous but due to their formula being a bit cakey and dry sometimes I took a chance on this. Even though it takes a touch longer to achieve volume I think it’s great!

on 3/16/2019 9:22:00 PM

It's okay. I have the black cherry one, which just looks black. Anyways, it's a wetter formula but its very buildable and gives a lot of length. The packaging looks very basic imo but it's a great mascara for the price. I'm thinking of getting the blue one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I personally am a huge fan of Maybelline mascaras, Full n Soft Waterpoof brig my all time
HG product. This mascara wasn’t anything special for me. I felt like the brush didn’t lengthen or volumize my lashes. Packaging is cute. Wouldn’t repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love tubing mascaras because they’re waterproof yet remove completely and effortlessly. My go-to is L’Oreal Double Extend but I always try new ones when they come out.
I bought this on amazon because I couldn’t find it locally and it was lik $8 for two. One blue one black.
I cannot believe how terrible this is. It starts to crumble almost immediately upon application. Then continues to flake and make a big mess.
Total disappointment.

on 3/1/2019 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I‘m reviewing the shade Black Cherry.

I bought it looking for a burgundy shade. This is definitely not burgundy. I‘d describe it as a warm or soft black (not brown).

My lashes are dark so that could be why the eggplant colour doesn‘t show up.

I actually like it, though, and recommend to anyone that feels black mascara looks harsh on them.

The mascara applies nicely and remains soft: it doesn‘t get all stiff and uncomfortable even after lots of layers. Removal is easy. Other tubing mascaras I‘ve tried (hello, Clinique!) require much hotter water to come off than this one.

Though it‘s a tall order (my lashes are sparse) I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 because I would like to find something more volumizing.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 3/1/2019 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not the worst, but close to it. Does not do anything. You may as well not apply mascara. It stays in place (it is a tubing mascara), but that’s the only benefit I could find.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm underwhelmed by this. It's not the worst mascara. I'll finish mine but I probably won't repurchase unless it was on sale for half off or something. It's not quite like the other tubing mascaras I've tried....it's clumpier and thicker. Wayyyyyyyy more stickiness and clumps than I find reasonable or acceptable. It did give me volume and a decent amount of length though. It dries quickly. It doesn't flake or smudge. It's not irratating. It removes easily. The tube is cute and current looking. I prefer great lash, L'Oreal telescopic and/or superstar, and Benefit they're real.

on 2/6/2019 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Bought this in Black Cherry and Ultra Violet thinking they would enhance my hazel eyes. Nope. Black Cherry applies black on me and Violet is a dull, barely seen muted purple. I got no volume, no length and looks like I have no mascara on. Even with one coat. Two coats, still nothing. I like the brush, tho. Well, I got some L'oreal's colored mascara, the blue and the burgundy handy and using the Snapscara as a topper shows the colors more. Black Cherry on the burgundy shows a teeny bit of red but still blackish on me and on the cobalt blue one shows up as a pretty blueish purple. Been using these mascaras as toppers only. Won't repurchase.

Edited 3/18/19. Made these work by applying a mascara primer beforehand. L'oreal's pink primer first and applying these mascaras made them thicker and noticeable. Still not a fan of the colors, still dull looking, but at least I look like I have mascara on!