Maybelline New York SNAPSCARA Washable Mascara

Maybelline New York SNAPSCARA Washable Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/4/2018 12:19:00 AM

My new HG mascara. It’s like Glossier Lash slick but builds a lot more effectively. It’s not as dramatic as some but it’s an every day mascara that does not even do so much as flake—but when you’re ready to take it off, you barely have to rub. But make sure you’re using nice warm water and an eye-friendly cleanser of some sort like CeraVe, Fresh, or Paula’s Choice, etc

on 11/14/2018 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I got mine off of Amazon (with Prime shipping) since local stores were taking their sweet time stocking it on shelves.
------

Looks like I'm the first reviewer. I didn't have much faith in Maybelline's attempt at jumping on the tubing mascara band wagon...but I'm so glad they did. For reference I have very oily skin. It removes even waterproof formulas within hours. To add insult to injury, my eyes are like my skin (ridiculously sensitive). I've tried a ton of tubing mascaras and will never go back to traditional washable/waterproof formulas.

This should go without saying but for any of you newbies out there - this is a tubing formula because it only removes with warm water. Sadly, some people find the concept difficult. My best advice is run your fingers under very warm water and pinch your lashes until you feel the tubes "dissolve" off your lashes. I promise that if you do this properly, you will not lose any lashes. I find removing traditional mascara even with oil or make up remover to be much more damaging.

Okay so as far as performance goes - this is more on the natural side. It gives more length than volume. I ordered all 4 shades and only liked the Pitch Black as the unnatural shades are a little bit dull. That is simply a personal preference, your taste may vary. I love the wand for this mascara. It's curved, which I typically HATE. But this one somehow reaches every lash. The formula of Snapscara is really smooth and a little bit wetter than a lot of the others on the market.

This has a TINY bit of fragrance to it but NOWHERE as bad as other drugstore options. That's what I love about this formula, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

The packaging is really cute and the price is right.

I will definitely repurchase.