Farouk CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner Reconstructing Treatment

Farouk CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner Reconstructing Treatment

1 review

on 11/13/2018 5:17:00 AM

This is a leave-in with a light creme texture that claims to restore it with keratin, hydrolized silk (at the bottom of the ingredients list), panthenol, argan oil and jojoba oil. It contains lots of cheaper chemicals but is not loaded with dimethicone - though it has PEG 8- dimethicone.

I have been using this as my regular leave-in for a while in order to maintain the effects of more intensive protein treatments my overprocessed hair needs. Truth be told, I would not be using this if my HG Redken CAT were easily available in my country. Still, it is a good product in its own right that comes with additional moisturizing duties.

I am able to use it right after shampoo without conditioner or a mask and it still detangles and makes my hair soft - my hair is very dry and brittle although it usually doesn't tangle easily. This is a big plus for me as I have dyed hair; so the more rounds I wash it, the more I'm battling fading.

Less is more with this product because it can weigh down hair or leave it a tad sticky. Still, I cover my hair shaft with this. It feels a bit sticky before my hair dries but I like the results. It adds shine, softness and a supple feeling that I prefer to overconditioned, limp, ultra soft but weak hair. The diameter of my pony tail feels larger with it. It also deals with frizz effectively if I comb my hair when I use it. I still use a silicone serum on my fried bits.

My hair feels a bit coated and I feel it could cause build up if I used this every day without washing my hair.

The spray nozzle can only spray into my palm because the product is relatively bigger. The smell is lemony but it doesn't stay on my hair.

Altogether a reliable keratin products that has given me better results than Phyto extreme.