Palmer's Olive Oil Body Lotion

Palmer's Olive Oil Body Lotion

1 review

on 11/10/2018 3:51:00 AM

Decided to give Palmer's Olive oil body lotion a try, as I was looking out for a 'cleaner' lotion that smells fresh.
It is my first time using Palmer's olive oil body lotion, and I think it is a reformulation of the discontinued Olive Butter Formula. This one comes in a white bottle with a light green sticker in the front and back.

** Palmer's Olive oil body lotion is marketed as containing
- No parabens
- No phthalates
- No mineral oil
- No gluten
- No sulfates
- No dyes

** Palmer's Olive oil lotion vs. Palmer's Cocoa butter firming lotion
I've tried the cocoa butter firming lotion years ago and didn't like the sweet smell of that lotion.
This one, the olive oil body lotion smells citrusy, and fades eventually to the typical olive scent.
It is not heavily scented (as compared to the cocoa butter lotion) and easy to wear out.
If I remember correctly, the firming lotion has similar claims as omitting the nasties (such as parabens, sulfates, etc.)

** Palmer's Olive oil lotion vs. Watsons Naturals Olive body lotion
Sometime ago, I fell in love with the housebrand natural range Olive body lotion from a drugstore - Watsons. That one uses organic olive oil and olive fruit extracts from Italy. It claims to be free from parabens, mineral oil, silocones, colourants, isothiazolinone (MIT, CMIT, BIT).
I like the scent of Watsons Naturals a lot more. It is 'fresher' compared to Palmers'.

For me, the Watsons' housebrand Natural range olive oil lotion is perfect for the higher humidity months, but I think Palmer's olive oil lotion will do better in the other months in the year. Palmer's is marketed as providing 24-hour moisture, but not the other brand. Palmer's also claims to be formulated with an anti aging peptide complex. Both lotions absorb quickly and do not leave any sticky feeling.

** My final thoughts.
I love both Palmer's Olive oil lotion and Watsons Naturals Olive lotion equally.
They are great in their own ways. I'll repurchase both.
Palmer's being a tad heavier in texture will be used at night, while Watsons Naturals will be used in the day. The scents are also well-matched to their time of use - with the 'fresher' Watsons Naturals used in the day.

Popular Lotions / Creams