Maybelline New York FaceStudio Master Blur Stick Primer Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline New York FaceStudio Master Blur Stick Primer Makeup
FaceStudio Master Blur Stick Primer Makeup

2.5

DIMETHICONECYCLOHEXASILOXANEDIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMEROZOKERITETRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATEC20-40 ALKYL STEARATESILICATITANIUM DIOXIDESILICA SILYLATEPERLITELAURETH-4[ /- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIRCI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDECI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES

My foundation wears off my nose by early afternoon every day so lately I've been thinking that a primer might help.

I bought the color 120 (light/medium) on a recent trip to Target, hoping to minimize my pores and keep the redness of my nose from showing a little bit longer. This blur stick did neither as far as I can tell.

On the plus side: it didn't irritate my skin and it didn't cost much.

I ended up trying a new foundation, (spoiler alert: the L'Oreal Infallible Fresh Wear that seems to be so very popular recently), and it seems to last longer so far.

on 11/8/2018 4:06:00 PM

Apparently the Maybelline Master Blur Stick Pore Minimizing Primer comes in other colours, but I've only seen the white/translucent stick and that's what I bought! The product is scentless, which I appreciate.

I have normal to oily skin, oily only in my T zone. I'd been using the Nyx Pore Minimizing Primer in my T zone, but found that the foundation I use doesn't sit well with the silicone based Nyx primer. I find that the Blur Stick primer works better in combination with foundation.

I like that I can see an immediate difference after putting on the Blur Stick. It significantly reduces shine, and seems to help keep the oil at bay, allowing my foundation to actually stay on my face instead of slipping off. I would suggest allowing your moisturizer to fully absorb before using the Blur Stick! I mostly use the stick in my T zone and outer cheeks, and then use my fingertips to blend/spread the product over my face.

My only complaint is that the product seemed to run out fairly fast. Would probably prefer if the stick was a bit fatter and contained more product!