LORAC Refresh Lip Gloss Quad

2.6

on 2/20/2004 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This lip gloss quad was one I was talked into buying from Sephora. A snippy Charlize Theron look-alike announced that I must buy it, and so like an idiot, I did. It's a total waste of money, I should have returned it right away. Sticky, cheap-smelling and no staying power. No wonder LORAC makes so much money.

Not sure how or why this would get positive reveiws! The lippies are so moist in fact that it feels liek straight vaselline, but without the gooeyness. There's zero pigment so it's pointless to even pretend they are colored & the taste is just too gross to even bother. This reminds me of the cheap glosses that are sold in drug stores for 99 cents. I can't believe this is a higher end product and that it gets good reviews. So weird!

on 7/16/2002 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is so cute! My favorite is the pretty pink gloss. All are nice and moisturizing.

on 4/9/2002 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had bought this quad last summer and stupidly I left it in my car on a hot July day. Several of the colors melted into one another and I never really bothered to try to fix it. Well, this weekend I was able to get the colors separated and finally could use this innovative product. I love three of the four colors and the wear and finish of these is quite nice. The only downside is I wish they were a bit more long-lasting but I don't mind reapplying often since it comes in such a convenient case. I just have to remember to keep it out of my purse when it's hot out!

on 6/14/2001 12:44:00 PM

The Lorac Refresh Lip Gloss Quad ($28.50) contains four lip glosses: Pink (sheer pink), Luscious (sheer red), Lovely (raspberry pink with shimmer), and Spirit (sheer peachy coral). This quad is a great way to try Lorac glosses. The colors are very pretty and very wearable. They are vanilla-scented and are not sticky at all. The texture of Lorac lip glosses is quite emollient, almost Vaseline-like. The downside - They don't last as long as some of the stickier glosses, however, and there isn't a lot of product in the quad. I think they are worth the money, however, just because you get all four colors. Whether you like these glosses or not really depends on what you look for in a gloss.
*update* - This quad ended up going bad, and I had to toss it. It was old, but really I didn't use it very often. The colors were too milky, and somehow it just didn't quite work for me. Not terrible, but not wonderful either.