Smashbox The Cali Contour Palette

This is a great palette to create a natural, every day look. I was so glad when I found it's part of the permanent collection and it's the one palette I reach for when I'm in a hurry.
I use the bronzer and blush the most while I'll use the contour and highlight shades as eyeshadow. (I don't contour or highlight in my day to day makeup routine)

The pigment is good although I'd say it's more on the softer side. The packaging could be better as I'm not a fan of cardboard packaging, hence the four lipsticks. However, that's minor as it's very convenient for travel.
The shades are suitable for fair to medium skin tones and hopefully Smashbox will come out with a palette for darker skin tones.

The cost is reasonable compared to other palettes out there. A winner!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted this palette for so long and finally purchased it during the Sephora Fall VIB sale. The packaging is a hard cardboard that I imagine will become quite worn over time but it is sturdy enough. The size of this palette is not too small or too large which I like. This palette features 4 matte powders - contour, bronzer, blush and something labelled “highlight” but looks more like a pale banana powder to me; and 2 shimmer powders which can be used to highlight or as a bronzer topper and blush topper based on the shade. All of the powders are buttery smooth and soft, pigmented and all of the shades work on my skin tone. Not only can these be used on the face, but as eyeshadows as well. All in all a solid palette. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Gather round my fellow olive skinned people. Whether you are a makeup lover or a makeup minimalist, come and meet the ultimate “Swiss Army Knife” of palettes. Seriously - this was made for us!

Every color in this palette is gorgeous, wearable, and high quality. The powders work as eyeshadow, blush, bronzer and highlight, making this amazing for both everyday and travel. I spent three weeks traveling with only this, concealer, bb cream, face powder, eyeliner, mascara, brow gel and three lipsticks. And it took me from day to casual evening to formal evening.

Let’s tour the colors, shall we?
Left column
1) Contour - My least favorite (would be ok if this went and the bronzer shade were 2x as large) but still very good. Perfect shade to create a natural shadow. Can also be used as a brow powder in a pinch (for brown hair)
2) Yellow powder - This is an amazing matte, slightly satin, highlight. I know it’s meant for undereye setting, but skip that and use this where you would use highlight. Gorgeous, natural glow!
Middle column
3 & 4) Two highlight shades. One veers champagne, one more bronze. Both make amazing eyeshadow.
Right column
5) Bronzer. It’s perfect. Seriously amazing. Stunning color. Warm without going orange. The perfect crease shade as well. Have already hit pan!
6) Blush. This is ideal. Blends into the skin. Has the slightest skin like sheen. And creates the most believable flush to the cheeks.

If my makeup stash burst into flames, this would be one of my first repurchases. It’s just that great and versatile.

You may be asking - well, if you love it so much - why the four? Listen, for me, as an olive skinned woman that runs between NC25 and NC35, this is a gem. A full on five!

But because it’s so good, need to ding it one lippie as Smashbox really needs to make versions of this for all skin tones.