2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I love the concept of a brow pen with a micro blade effect, and couldn't wait for this to hit stores. My excitement died down when I saw the reviews here, but i picked it up anyway, wanting to give it a try. This is the worst brow product I've tried. (I bought 360 Medium Brown). The 3 points at the tip quickly dry up, so to get the ink to flow, you have to press down, bending the marker tip sideways. By the time the ink is flowing, the 3 tipped, "micro blade" effect completely disappears. I tried to salvage this by holding the tip sideways to create a single line. But it applies too unevenly. Once I get the ink flowing, I get a patch of very intense color that just fades into nothing, and I can't get it to blend at all. Filling in my brows with this meant repeatedly pressing down which deposited too much product and much too intense color. Ultimately it gave me uneven, too dark brows that looked like they'd ben colored in with a brown Crayola marker. And as a bonus, yes. it turns green. I never kept it on my brows long enough to know. But I swatched it on my wrist, and after trying to wipe it off, the color left was dark green.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 months ago

I liked the skinny felt tip brow pens from other brands so thought I'd use my coupon for this. I am very pleased. I bought blonde which is a taupey brown. I use light strokes. The inner corners of my brows and the tail ends are sparse, while rest of brow has plenty of hair. Being able to draw three light 'hairs' at once make this easy. Turn the pen sideways and you draw one line. It looks more natural than brow powder. The color stays true. Only slight fading after a full day due to my somewhat oily skin. I keep my pens lying down in the cosmetic organizer drawer so no drying out.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

9 months ago

Ugh! This eye brow pen is so disappointing. Where do I begin? I absolutely 100% fell for the marketing of this product. I got really excited when I tried it the first time, it even came out somewhat how I would imagine. But after the day went on I could see the brown tinting change to a green tone. Like it did look like a tattoo that is 10-12 years old and that is black (but now greenish black blue) ink that doesn’t look like hair strokes but more so like regular filled in brows. So I guess in a way this does look like tattooed eyebrows, but definitely in a bad way. So construction wise it’s basically a felt tip with four fork like tips that are supposed to deposit color into your skin/brow. The downside is you can’t tilt your pen for the ink to flow through when you are doing your brows. It’s like if you do someone else’s brows and they’re laying down this will work. Or if you’re doing your brows laying down it will work as well, you have to point the pen in a vertical line to have the ink flow. So don’t use it standing up. And then the color is so off it like turns to this absolutely gross greenish tint. I’m disappointed very very much so. And I can’t find the receipt so I can’t return this product. Honestly, don’t waste your money, try another company or someplace where you can actually do a test run of product before purchase.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 months ago

I can't believe I fell for this gimmick. Predictably the applicator DID NOT work to produce quadruple tiny eyebrow hair 'tattoos'. I had to bend the soft tip to get the 'ink' flowing and at that point there was no definition. I returned it.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

a year ago

I really loved how this looked so natural on my eyebrows upon application. 6-8 hours after application, this didn't move around or smudge but I was disappointed as it seem to have oxidized into a greyish-green shade that was so obvious under bright light. I guess it's good to use when doing quick errands but not for whole day use.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

a year ago

I bought this in soft brown I do like it tho it was a tad too dark for me. I DID buy a blonde pen but it seems just as dark and it showed green undertones on my skin. The tube didn’t specify it as an “ash” or “cool” color. Guess I’ll make them work....maybe a mix of them together will balance them out...????‍♀️

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

I love the idea of this product, and the first time I wore it it looked very pretty, but that was the only use I got out of it. The applicator dried up/ looked like it was being caked with something after about 2 uses even though I didnt have any other product where I was applying it. Also, I noticed in a couple spots it bled into the cracks of my skin like a marker would. It didnt ruin my look or anything, but not a good sign for me. Would not recommend. This sucks. I would give it a zero if I could.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairRed

a year ago

I would like to start by thanking whoever took the initiative to sit down with the people at Maybelline and explain what eyebrows are and how they work. In the past I have ranted about some of their more recently launched brow products and questioned what the benefit of a ball tipped brush might be, but now it seems they’ve gotten a grasp on the anatomy of the human eyebrow and this product is a great example of “knowledge is power”. I love this pen. I’m on my second one because I thought the ink had run dry on the first but turns out it’s a little finicky, hence the missing lippie. Also I’d say there’s a slight learning curve but I’m not sure exactly what I started doing differently to finesse it, other than do a few strokes on one brow then alternate. Not sure why that makes a diff but it did for me. This is great with other products or alone, blends well with a spoolie if like me you prefer a more muted less drawn-on brow, but also can achieve a nice crisp hairline. If there are other products like this I’m not aware of them so as far as I’m concerned it’s innovative which I always find interesting if nothing else. I recently went blonde from black and the medium brown works great. I usually use this on its own but also to add extra sharpness after pencil, powder, whatever.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

unfortunately spent $15CAD for this and lost the receipt so can't ask for a refund. this pen produced ink/product for the first 1-2 days with once in the morning use, then ran dry! what a waste of money. even if it did not run dry, the ink runs a bit and does not keep the crisp lines, it ends up looking like a shadow anyways, that micro bladed look does not stay, it could be that I have oily skin, maybe those with dry skin will have better luck. definitely would not repurchase.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age36-43